Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Angler Kills & Tosses Musky for No Reason

Frozen
Message Subject: Angler Kills & Tosses Musky for No Reason
BBT
Posted 9/22/2014 4:11 PM (#731347)
Subject: Angler Kills & Tosses Musky for No Reason

Check this out
Makes a guy sick but props to these guys for standing up to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzdesfXfaTY&feature=youtu.be
Pointerpride102
Posted 9/22/2014 4:17 PM (#731349 - in reply to #731347)
Subject: Re: Angler Kills & Tosses Musky for No Reason

Insert giant "Rainy River" pike photo here.
Propster
Posted 9/22/2014 4:22 PM (#731350 - in reply to #731347)

I've often wondered, do people really just not ever follow, read or pay any attention to this forum until they come across something worthy of their posting it and then think this is the first anyone here would have heard of it?
wallydiven
Posted 9/22/2014 4:33 PM (#731354 - in reply to #731347)

Thanks for post the U tube link. It was the first time I was able to view the footage. I certainly would've been on the phone with authorities immediately!
BBT
Posted 9/22/2014 4:36 PM (#731355 - in reply to #731347)

I guess considering the post was only 2weeks old I thought not everyone had seen it and maybe someone else here would like to see the video. Maybe for reference on how other people have handled the situation? Propster would you like me to ask permission from you to post first?
Nershi
Posted 9/22/2014 5:32 PM (#731364 - in reply to #731347)

Where is everyone at with their over/under prediction? I think this is the 4th time this has been posted, correct?
Propster
Posted 9/22/2014 5:44 PM (#731366 - in reply to #731347)

Not at all, I'm a nobody. I really was just curious, and not meaning to condemn, but I guess it really is that way, which I find interesting, but it's fine.
esoxaddict
Posted 9/22/2014 5:49 PM (#731368 - in reply to #731347)

Jesus, give the guy a break. Not everybody follows everything that goes on here week after week. I'm sure there are folks reading who hadn't seen this before.

This is the kind of #*#* that makes people want to keep quiet about #*#* like this, and that ain't good for any of us.
BBT
Posted 9/22/2014 5:55 PM (#731369 - in reply to #731347)

There needs to be someway to catch duplicates. I am on here about 3 times a week and try to look back through the threads to see what I have missed. I hadn't seen this posted on here anywhere (may have been in a reply to a thread somewhere?) esoxaddict^ that's exactly why I don't post more often than I do.
Putts
Posted 9/22/2014 7:58 PM (#731382 - in reply to #731347)

I started a thread on this topic a week or so ago and it was deleted after a few comments was posted about there being other threads on this video. I didnt know it was covered already it was my first thread. But anyhow, I asked what we could do as musky fisherman to prevent it from happening. I read the threads on here every day for most part and have never seen another thread on it or could find one using the search. Maybe someone could post a link to other threads where this is covered because I am very interested in reading them. I have run into walleye fisherman before that told me they kill muskie and so far I have handled the situation by staying calm and telling them about how muskie being introduced into new lakes have had no negative effects on walleye populations. I would like to know what you guys say to other fishermen when put into situations like that and how we can most effectively educate them to prevent it.
Also wanted to say I love this site and have learned a lot from you guys. Thanks
ToddM
Posted 9/22/2014 8:27 PM (#731392 - in reply to #731347)

Anyone have the link to the news article where this guy back pedals on all his comments made in this video?
muskie tamer
Posted 9/22/2014 8:32 PM (#731394 - in reply to #731347)

This is the first i saw of this.
KGW
Posted 9/22/2014 8:51 PM (#731402 - in reply to #731347)
Subject: RE: Angler Kills & Tosses Musky for No Reason

BBT,

Thanks for posting with your descriptive title..I'm an occasional poster but regular reader on this site and apparently missed the prior posts. I did a quick review and found it under an earlier post entitled "Detroit river"...which I hadn't read as I have little interest in that body of water. Your title caught my eye...so thanks for bringing it up (again).
materospizza
Posted 9/22/2014 11:15 PM (#731415 - in reply to #731402)
Subject: RE: Angler Kills & Tosses Musky for No Reason

Yea, I hadn't seen it either....thanks for posting it.

mnmusky
Posted 9/23/2014 8:00 AM (#731438 - in reply to #731382)

Putts - 9/22/2014 7:58 PM

I started a thread on this topic a week or so ago and it was deleted after a few comments was posted about there being other threads on this video. I didnt know it was covered already it was my first thread. But anyhow, I asked what we could do as musky fisherman to prevent it from happening. I read the threads on here every day for most part and have never seen another thread on it or could find one using the search. Maybe someone could post a link to other threads where this is covered because I am very interested in reading them. I have run into walleye fisherman before that told me they kill muskie and so far I have handled the situation by staying calm and telling them about how muskie being introduced into new lakes have had no negative effects on walleye populations. I would like to know what you guys say to other fishermen when put into situations like that and how we can most effectively educate them to prevent it.
Also wanted to say I love this site and have learned a lot from you guys. Thanks

I'd like to think these guys are of the older generation and they are or will be soon dying off. Hopefully they themselves didnt have 10 kids to influence with their ways and continue the cycle....Its silly, its Like saying im going to kill that big guy in isle 6 for buying up all the Doritos.
achotrod
Posted 9/23/2014 11:35 AM (#731490 - in reply to #731347)

Well that escalated quickly!
joncraze
Posted 9/23/2014 11:54 AM (#731493 - in reply to #731347)

The rage is real. hahaha. Seriously though nobody made you click on that link to troll the original poster about how mad you are that this was posted earlier. ..... who cares, seriously.

Anyways this angler was a complete tool, very selfish angler, if he breaks this rule it doesn't seem like a stretch to think he's ok with breaking others. Because hey, people smoke weed and thats illegal, so that must mean everyone can do whatever they want!

ANARCHY! ANARCHY! -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9MiS9tn_r4

Edited by joncraze 9/23/2014 11:59 AM
esoxaddict
Posted 9/23/2014 12:01 PM (#731495 - in reply to #731347)

I especially liked the part about how "everybody smokes weed..." #*^@. No wonder people seem to be getting dumber.

Anger isn't going to get us anywhere. It's good to know this stuff goes on and that there are people like this out there. What can you do? I have the DNR tip line programmed into my phone. I've taken pictures of license plates and called in poachers a handful of times.

Confronting them may not always be wise, but if you see something like this? Call the DNR/MNR/etc. Maybe they won't do anything. Maybe they can't do anything. But this may not have happened if they caught him the last time.

sworrall
Posted 9/23/2014 12:01 PM (#731496 - in reply to #731347)

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=98...

Read the last post, please.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)