Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ranger 618T prop help

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ranger 618T prop help
little one
Posted 8/27/2014 9:45 AM (#727263)
Subject: Ranger 618T prop help

Just purchased a 2004 618T with a 90 etec. Im only getting 4600-4800rpm trimmed out. The prop currently on the motor is a 14 3/4 x 17 viper. Gets 32mph with 2 guys. Wondering what others are running with this rig? Thanks guys
double J
Posted 8/27/2014 4:22 PM (#727359 - in reply to #727263)
Subject: Re: Ranger 618T prop help

I Have a brand new 618T with a 90 Etec. My rig came stock from Quams marine with a stainless 15 X 15 prop. Trimmed all the way out i'm at 5400 rpm and I get 31mph max, the load doesn't seem to change the speed much. I will normally cruise the boat at 4500-4600 and that pushes me to 28 mph. My last boat was a bass boat with a 200 and that would get me 68mph actual gps speed so this is a big difference. The only real difference I notice is with a full tank of gas it takes a little longer to get up on plane. When its just me I get right up on plane. does your boat have a jackplate on it? I want to go to a 4 blade prop and maybe drop down to a 14pitch prop, I think this will help the steering torque when trimmed nose down and against the wind/waves. I hope this helps pm me if you have any other questions maybe we can help each other. I just came back from Mille Lacs these little rangers sure can handle some big waves. I was really impressed I barley got wet at all crossing the waves and while fishing I never had water come over the bow. Very impressed
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)