Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cass Lake/Lake Andrusia

Message Subject: Cass Lake/Lake Andrusia
dami0101
Posted 8/25/2014 4:02 PM (#726982)
Subject: Cass Lake/Lake Andrusia

So I’m headed up to Cass Lake next weekend, Sept. 5th-7th, with my dad, brother in-law, and soon to be father in-law for my bachelor party. We decided to stay at Sunset Cove Resort so that we can easily access Lake Andrusia if the weather is getting rough or the fishing is just plain bad on Cass. This will be our first time to these lakes and probably our only as fishing trips don’t happen a lot and we hit new lakes when they do.

I’m the only die hard musky guy in the group, my future father in-law has never actually musky fished before, and I know it’s also the same weekend as the tournament, so I’m not really expecting to spend a lot of time musky fishing but I do plan to get about a days’ worth in over the 3 days, I’ll probably head out by myself in the early morning and evenings. Any advice on where to look for muskies would be greatly appreciated, but if anyone has any insight into where to go for bass, walleye, or northerns, that would also be greatly appreciated.
Farmer Rick
Posted 8/25/2014 8:47 PM (#727019 - in reply to #726982)
Subject: Re: Cass Lake/Lake Andrusia

I haven't been up there in a few years so I can't help too much on current patterns but I would suggest fishing at night especially if there is a tournament going on. When I was up there the Mississippi between andrusia and cass was really shallow. Skeg drug in the sand with motor trimmed up and I was running a esox mag with a 50 tiller at the time, not exactly a deep drafting boat but it was doable.
toddb
Posted 8/26/2014 6:32 PM (#727175 - in reply to #727019)

Should have no problem navigating between the two currently, water is still up
dami0101
Posted 9/2/2014 1:55 PM (#728248 - in reply to #726982)

only 2 more days before we head up, anyone else have advice on where to look for fish? As I mentioned before, it's doesn't have to be musky.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)