Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> New G3 Angler V170

Reply New post
Message Subject: New G3 Angler V170
bulldawg11510
Posted 5/11/2014 6:38 PM (#711113)
Subject: New G3 Angler V170

Just bought a new boat over the weekend , was able to get it out yesterday to fish and run it . But as the boat got up on plane the nose dives down , the trim and tilt does nothing for the front of the boat . Weight is not the issue at all , I have a brand new Yamaha 50 4stroke which is plenty for the boat , but just wondering if a different pitch prop or hydrofoil would be the answer . Love the boat but so far the ride is not very good . Anyone have any possible solutions to getting the nose up while on plane ???
lund guy
Posted 5/11/2014 7:11 PM (#711116 - in reply to #711113)
Subject: RE: New G3 Angler V170

could try a diffrient prop or planing fin that may help 4 blade props are awsome may have to experimint with prop pitch
Muskie Bob
Posted 5/11/2014 8:30 PM (#711123 - in reply to #711113)
Subject: Re: New G3 Angler V170

I'm wondering if the boat came from G3 rigged with the 50hp or if the dealer mounted the 50hp. Sounds like the motor may not be mounted at the right height. If it is all the way down on the transom, you might raise it up some. Others might know how to tell if the motor is mounted at the right height.
But, first.......
If you bought the new boat from a dealer, I would ask the dealer to fix the problem.
if not......
I would call the G3 boat company. It is a Yamaha marine company. They should know how to solve your problem.
bulldawg11510
Posted 5/11/2014 9:43 PM (#711131 - in reply to #711113)
Subject: Re: New G3 Angler V170

I have yet to talk to the dealership about the problem yet , so I'm hoping they will help me out with the issue . The problem is , the dealership is almost 4 hours away !!!! And yes the motor was mounted on the boat from the factory . But I hope a simple prop change or hydrofoil will be a sime fix to it . Thanks guys ! Will post the outcome .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)