Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Palming question for Calcutta D users

Message Subject: Palming question for Calcutta D users
Wood_Duck
Posted 4/22/2014 7:56 PM (#708191)
Subject: Palming question for Calcutta D users

I'm on the brink of purchasing either a 400D or Toro nacl. I'm really wanting to try the Calcutta D but there are none local to try or handle and I'm used to the revo toros currently. My biggest concern however is I palm my reel and I'm not sure about palming the round Calcutta vs the low profiles I'm used to. I appreciate any input.
BenR
Posted 4/22/2014 8:02 PM (#708195 - in reply to #708191)
Subject: Re: Palming question for Calcutta D users

It is narrow, but a bit higher. Both are palming friendly, just a different feel. BR
NickD
Posted 4/22/2014 8:21 PM (#708203 - in reply to #708191)

I think my D palms better than my NACL. The reel is very narrow compared to the TEs etc so the side plate is very close to the rod compared to most round reels. I think that trait makes at better for the foregrip hold as well. I bounce back and forth between both holds.
Cloud7
Posted 4/24/2014 3:31 PM (#708627 - in reply to #708191)

I use my Calcutta D day in and day out along with my Revo Tor NACL and my Curado's, I love it, have no problem palming it, and have average size hands. On thing that really helps me is the St. Croix Legend Tournament Rods (and now some Premiers) that have that extended trigger handle on them. It really makes palming any reel from the Curado E's up to the big ol' Tranx a lot more manageable.

-C7
bcram555
Posted 4/24/2014 3:50 PM (#708631 - in reply to #708191)
Subject: RE: Palming question for Calcutta D users

Agreed. No problem palming the 400D. That said, you might want to look into the 300D. It has a slightly higher gear ratio than the 400 and gets more inches per turn than the 400. And the 300 is quite a bit smaller and extremely easy to palm.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)