Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Planer masts

Reply New post
Message Subject: Planer masts
muskellunch
Posted 5/1/2014 10:48 AM (#709706)
Subject: Planer masts

Has anyone had experience with side of boat mounted planer masts or rocket launcher type mast?
How does this compare to bow mount masts?thanks
Zib
Posted 5/5/2014 1:04 PM (#710204 - in reply to #709706)
Subject: RE: Planer masts

I don't troll with my own boat but have trolled in a few of my friend's boats on LSC.

My one buddy has an 18' boat with the bow mast. He has to attach a line with clips to the mast line on one end & the other to the pole on his bimini top in order to pull the line closer to the boat so that we can clip the rod line on from the back of the boat instead of having to do it from the bow.

I have 2 friends that both have 25' boats with a hard top & they have the planner line crank attached to the hand rails that are on the roof of the boat. We have to step up on the gunnel to crank in or let line out.

Fished with a guy that has the side mounted masts mounted to the gunnel just in front of the console on his Lund. He also has a line with clips to pull the line closer when attaching the rod line.

I don't troll much but I didn't notice any big difference with either mast setup.
MuskyMulisha
Posted 5/7/2014 9:12 PM (#710608 - in reply to #709706)
Subject: Re: Planer masts

both work great. I decided to go with the bow mount one, but both work great... Message me with any questions, Ive used both..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)