Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cedar Lake (aitkin, Mn)

Message Subject: Cedar Lake (aitkin, Mn)
adubs
Posted 2/18/2014 9:37 AM (#692296)
Subject: Cedar Lake (aitkin, Mn)

I will be spending a week with the wifes family on Cedar the 3rd week of July and I've never been on the lake before. I looked up as much info on the DNR site to see the netting and shocking data along with the stocking numbers. Looking at the map this lake seems to have plenty of good structure and appears to be a fun lake. Was wondering if any of you guys have fished this lake and could give me general info about the type of bite I can expect out there during that time of year. What type of weed beds are there? Class of fish to expect?

Not looking for specific spots or baits but just general patterns rocks vs weeds? Shallow vs deeper? etc... Planning on doing a little walleye and bass with the fam during the day but early am and late pm I'll be huntin' ski's! Makes a week with the in-laws almost exciting! ALMOST...

thanks,

Adubs
Mojo1269
Posted 2/18/2014 11:01 AM (#692309 - in reply to #692296)
Subject: Re: Cedar Lake (aitkin, Mn)

Cedar is a great lake but not an easy lake to disect quickly. It has clear water and an infinte amount of structure so I would work concentrated areas thouroughly. If you want to cover some water I would look at trolling too..
musky-skunk
Posted 2/18/2014 11:09 AM (#692311 - in reply to #692296)
Subject: RE: Cedar Lake (aitkin, Mn)

Lots of structure. It does get some crazy weekend traffic at times but during the week shouldn't be as bad as long as you don't get high wind. If you do expect a lot of the Mille Lacs guys to head over there. Look for classic structures like humps, saddles and small weed flats. A lot of spots can hold fish. You may also want to try night fishing that time of year. Hope you have a great trip, it's a beautiful lake.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)