Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Green Bay Lures of Choice

Message Subject: Green Bay Lures of Choice
Beaver
Posted 10/19/2014 8:04 PM (#735682)
Subject: Green Bay Lures of Choice

I got a call last week from a friend in MN and he asked me to make him some 12" trolling lures. I came up with a body design and spent some time at a yacht club on Lake Michigan using their docks for fine tuning the prototype until I got it right. Then I spent the rest of the week making some lures for him. They turned out terrific thanks to the lips I got from a friend.
Backtrack.....late last fall I received a package from Oregon that contained reclaimed CA Redwood lumber that was harvested from a silver mine from the mid 1800's, making the boards that I had somewhere around 500 years old. Redwoods are very slow growing, so the grain on the boards was so tight I had to look at it with a magnifying glass. It's the best wood I ever used. I sent 3 boards to my friend Mike King, and he concurred and made as many lures as he could. Right now I have 15 of the 12" trolling lures in their infancy, and I still have several boards left and wanted to make some lures for guys who fish Green Bay.
So.....I need to know what you Green Bay guys are looking for in a lure. How long, how deep? I have 8"ers cut out already, are they too long? Send me some PM's or answer here because I'd like to use this one of a kind wood on some giant fish. I'm also making some shad shaped lures for the guys who fish somewhere else than up north. I know I'm cutting it close, so send me info ASAP.
Thanks, Beaver
dirtybird
Posted 10/19/2014 8:46 PM (#735692 - in reply to #735682)
Subject: RE: Green Bay Lures of Choice

6" to 8" minnow baits would work fine out there as most trolling is in.less than 10' of water
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)