Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> ranger deck lid or just encase?

Message Subject: ranger deck lid or just encase?
adubs
Posted 1/20/2014 4:00 PM (#685942)
Subject: ranger deck lid or just encase?

I have a ranger 210vs and am considering my options for storing my baits. I currently have plano storage boxes and store them in my front compartments. My boat doesn't have the center front deck extension but I've ordered one from ranger to have installed and then planned on making my own storage unit for under it or simply continuing to store my baits in the plano boxes. I'm questioning if that is worth it or if I should order a just encase tackle box and use that as a deck extension? I use this boat for family water use and musky fishing. I like the ranger deck lid because I can lock it closed and keep the baits safe from theft. My brother has a 210vs and has the deck lid with a tackle storage unit he made himself. The deck lid would run me about $300 to my door and then I'd have to spend around $100 in materials to make my own like he did. I know the quality of the Justencase boxes are second to none but I'm wondering how I would secure that without having to remove it?? I've talked with Bob and I'm considering getting the deck lid and then having him build me a tackle storage unit for under it that would allow me to lock the ranger extension over it…

I would appreciate any feed back from anyone who has a similar setup and what the other pro's and con's might be that I'm not thinking of??

Thanks,

Adubs

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSC_0082.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSC_0088.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0082.JPG (177KB - 141 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0088.JPG (186KB - 136 downloads)
fastcast2
Posted 1/20/2014 4:13 PM (#685946 - in reply to #685942)
Subject: RE: ranger deck lid or just encase?

I would put the ranger lid on it so you have matching carpet and non skid surface and build or have a just encase made to fit under it.That way it is lockable and you can still take the case and baits out if your family boating.
jeff
muskyhunter47
Posted 1/20/2014 6:03 PM (#685971 - in reply to #685942)
Subject: Re: ranger deck lid or just encase?

Just encase hands down. the best thing I bought for my boat. Give Bob a call he will make you a deck box of your dreams.
Kevin Underwood
Posted 1/21/2014 7:53 PM (#686273 - in reply to #685942)
Subject: RE: ranger deck lid or just encase?

I had the same issue and went with Just Encase and couldn't be happier. They can be a little pricey but worth every dime.
Mtn Hunter
Posted 1/21/2014 8:52 PM (#686294 - in reply to #685942)

Just encase all the way
chadw18
Posted 1/21/2014 9:02 PM (#686302 - in reply to #686294)

My just encase was the best fishing purchase I have made. They are so well made and look incredible!
sworrall
Posted 1/21/2014 9:39 PM (#686314 - in reply to #686302)

Just Encase.
bturg
Posted 1/21/2014 9:41 PM (#686316 - in reply to #686302)

I've never met a man sad that he bought a Ranger and put a Justencase in it !
adubs
Posted 1/22/2014 2:54 PM (#686518 - in reply to #686316)

Ok, so I definitely agree with you guys about Bob and the quality of that product. The problem with putting one of his boxes under the deck lid is it's only 10" high from the top of the rod locker to the top of the deck. Thats not tall enough for a lot of baits once you figure in the lid and bottom of the tackle box. I already placed my order with ranger to have them make my deck extension to match my carpet and the rest of the deck b/c I feel it will look great and I want to be able to lock it closed. What I'm considering doing, is have Bob build me a storage organizer with the front of it (closer to the middle of the boat) having 9 of his 4"x6" openings to hang my shorter baits like phantoms and hellhounds. Then have the back section (closer to the trolling motor) built with slots for my 3700 plano's to be stored on end. The entire opening is 26" wide by 29" long by 10" high. I could put 11 of the plano's across the back of the opening, stacking them on end to hold my longer baits or the baits I'm not using and keep the front slots open for the baits I'm using the most. It would also make it easy to pull my plano's and throw them in my carrying case to hop boats and leave the baits behind in the hanging slots that I wouldn't need...

I'm thinking this would be the best overall solution to make that space as functional as possible and still have the front deck look great too. It really changes things considering the height of that opening is only 10"...

What do you guys think of something like that?

Adubs
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)