Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Guides Fishing

Message Subject: Guides Fishing
Cody
Posted 12/31/2013 5:59 PM (#681488 - in reply to #673796)
Subject: Re: Guides Fishing

All good information and thoughts, appreciate the response back, I learned alot here Thanks !
Mikes Extreme
Posted 1/3/2014 9:17 AM (#682087 - in reply to #681488)

I guide from the back of my Ranger 620 and always make sure my clients are working the baits and areas perfectly before I even pick up a rod. Most clients ask me to fish. I will never pick up a rod before they are set casting and boat side finishing correctly. Their is more to guiding then just boat control and casting.
Guides fishing behind clients can teach while they cast and finish the cast correctly. Every guide is different. Guides want clients to leave feeling they learned a lot and caught some fish.
Most clients hire guides to catch fish. Some hire guides to learn how to catch more and bigger fish. Some hire a guide to learn the lake and its best areas.
When you hire a guide make sure you ask a lot of questions and most likely he/she will make your guide trip one you will love.
Its partiality up to the guide to find out what the client wants out of their trip. I ask lots of questions when I set up a new client. That way I can be sure to make my time with them the best it can be.
Guides are teachers. We want you to learn and leave wanting to come back again. 95% Return rate is something I am very proud of. Always more to learn because of the different pattern throughout the seasons. Casting, trolling, live bait, etc.
Best to discuss your trip and goals with your guide before you book the trip. Listen to his/her advise.
If your guide has to control the boat from the front of the boat maybe its best if they don't fish. How can they watch everything going on behind them if they are concentrating on catching fish?
Im sorry if this offends guide who fish from the front. That's just because have controlled my boat from the back for 15 years now. No more front controls for me. Just too hard to keep my eyes on everything going on from the front.
From the back deck I watch everything going on at all times. Just the best place for a guide. Besides if the guide can catch a fish after 2 or 3 clients casted an area its something you should be happy about and trust what they are teaching you. Listen to your guide and believe what they tell you.
Cody
Posted 1/3/2014 6:36 PM (#682258 - in reply to #673796)

Thanks Mike, great input !
achotrod
Posted 1/4/2014 11:19 AM (#682362 - in reply to #673796)

I would want the guide to fish so I can see what hes doing. I would never expect them to fish in the front of the boat though.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)