Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Full moon Strategies

Message Subject: Full moon Strategies
gundog870
Posted 9/24/2012 9:40 PM (#586892)
Subject: Full moon Strategies

What strategies will you use this week/end on your favorite lake? Are the days leading up to the full moon as productive? Night or Day bite?
Top H2O
Posted 9/25/2012 12:41 AM (#586932 - in reply to #586892)
Subject: RE: Full moon Strategies

Just go FISH and enjoy Life,........While you can.....

Jerome
big gun
Posted 9/25/2012 9:06 AM (#586972 - in reply to #586892)
Subject: Re: Full moon Strategies

Be on your best spot especially at moon rise. Fish hard around midday. WH
Propster
Posted 9/25/2012 9:43 AM (#586981 - in reply to #586892)

It seems the last couple years, but especially this year, the action is more about windows that don't necessarily coincide with majors/minors and moonset/moonrise. However, when sunrise/moonset and sunset/moonrise coincide, I'll be fishing hard in what I think are good spots and will not be running around for sure. As far as strategy, that depends more on the water and any local patterns, the weather conditions, and what tool is most appropriate for the situation at hand.
AndyM
Posted 9/25/2012 8:45 PM (#587126 - in reply to #586892)

I followed Big Guns advice from this post today, and had one hell of an afternoon! I'll try it again in a few days when the beast is full, most definitely
Propster
Posted 9/25/2012 10:32 PM (#587147 - in reply to #586892)

Where (general) were you fishing? Let us know any presentation (depth, speed, etc) you were successful with.
AndyM
Posted 9/25/2012 10:53 PM (#587150 - in reply to #586892)

The day started with a Stella at 9am. By 10 the girlfriend was out of the shower and we were off to get gas and some keystones. Around 10:22 am we were pulled over by 2 Woodruff Police vehicles for going through a yellow light to avoid being rear ended by the person who locked up their brakes behind us. 11am we hit my dad's shop to get gas and switch batteries. Noon: We were on the lake, the cool wind and great colors made a great scenery. Smoked a little while enjoying it. Hit Pickerel Bay for 4 drifts, lost one off the bat. I was using a "Lil Eagle Tail" Black and bronze with nickel blades. Had northerns chasing left and right. Casted my brains out. 3pm: Back to cabin to grab different baits, 1 Hughes River Top Prey, 1 old black bucktail/nickel blade, and one "skunktail"...comparable to any big bucktail, but made of skunk fur. 4pm: 3rd cast on the start of a nice drift I nailed a beautiful 25"er. Finished the drift til moonrise @ 4:25pm and hit a spot where my PB came from + a few nice follows in the previous weeks. Smoked a little. No dice! Moved over the the big flat in front of the landing and raised a big girl on the same skunk bucktail but was drifting so fast that I never saw her again (because she would have came back, right?). Decided to hit one more spot before we got in as the girlfriend was getting cold... quick drift right over the tip of the bar out of 35' of water into 10', took a last cast and nailed a 31" Northern on the same skunk tail.

Long story short: I went musky fishing and had a great time. I casted my brains out...and tried to stay shallow.
Herb_b
Posted 9/28/2012 1:49 PM (#587710 - in reply to #586892)

Gosh, I haven't done that for years. Wait, are you guys talking about fishing?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)