Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Vilas Co. fishing tips

Message Subject: Vilas Co. fishing tips
jimi disco
Posted 9/27/2012 9:57 AM (#587438)
Subject: Vilas Co. fishing tips

Headed to Fish Trap / High lake in a couple weeks for some prime fall musky action! I only have time to make it up there once a year, Im sure some of you can relate...Kids, job, wife blah blah... I am new to the world of musky fishing, although I have been an avid angler since I was a boy. I just recently realized the incredible oportunity that I have right here in my home state of Wisconsin, to catch photograph & release one of the largest inland predator game fish the world has to offer! Now, I grew up fishing these 2 lakes, so I have a good idea about where I should be fishing, I'm hoping that some of you would be so kind as to help me with WHAT I should be fishing with, & how I should PRESENT it. Any advice would be helpful! Thanx!
jonnysled
Posted 9/27/2012 10:00 AM (#587441 - in reply to #587438)
Subject: Re: Vilas Co. fishing tips

suckers, rubber (medusa, bulldawgs), body-baits (ddd's, raiders, grandmas) ...

good luck!
CASTING55
Posted 9/27/2012 10:56 AM (#587457 - in reply to #587441)

The color gold/brown on high,walleye dawgs would be a good choice,suckers also.
tyler k
Posted 9/28/2012 1:30 PM (#587702 - in reply to #587438)

Obligatory post cautioning on dragging meat--quick-set, hit it quick with the fish moving away from you, and be careful w/using the trolling motor, you don't need a fine for trolling make sure to read the regs.

Now I don't fish those two lakes specifically, but fish all over the area and generally jerks are a good option too, my favorite choppers are Bobbie Baits (I like weighted), gliders are Hellhounds. Work them with many pauses, w/an extended pause (several seconds, Bobbies float up, Hellhounds sink) 10 ft from the boat or so, most my hits come there. Perch is my #1 color virtually everywhere, walleye is good too.

And since I see you are in Milwaukee, don't overlook Pewaukee, Okauchee, or the Madison Chain for closer options.
MD75
Posted 9/28/2012 6:12 PM (#587749 - in reply to #587438)

Was just up that way and a weighted 9" inch suick (or crappie minnows on 1/8oz jig) worked slow was the ticket!

Matt
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)