Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Attwood Pro Series Heavy Duty Rod Holders

Message Subject: Attwood Pro Series Heavy Duty Rod Holders
Muskelunch
Posted 5/17/2012 8:09 AM (#560273)
Subject: Attwood Pro Series Heavy Duty Rod Holders

To all my Muskie Brothers,

I just stumbled across this fine site last night and it kept me up way too late. I fish Cave Run, Green River, Dale Hollow, Brookville, and the Webster area lakes for these toothy critters. You have a very nice forum here.

I found a lot of discussions last night regarding rod holders for trolling operations. One brand which escapes my memory was mentioned quite a bit but I saw no mention of the Attwoods.

Since I have already mounted them on my boat and haven't been to the lake yet, I would like some input from someone who has had first hand experience with these or from someone who has heard anything about them. (good or bad)

They seem to be very well made, the best that they offer. I am using the 6" extensions which get them up and over the gunnels. Also, using Tekota 600LC's mounted in Fenwick elite tech trolling rods and plan to use Dipsy's (#1 or #0) to get my lures to the proper depth.

Any thoughts, comments, and or crude remarks would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kingfisher
Posted 5/18/2012 2:22 PM (#560591 - in reply to #560273)
Subject: RE: Attwood Pro Series Heavy Duty Rod Holders

I had a Roberts bust right off on a fish. I was lucky the fish threw the lure and it floated back to the surface. I recovered my rod and lure. I have learned a long time ago that Down east s-10s are the only rod holder to use for Muskies. Some guys have said Folbes are tough enough. I however have never had a reason to doubt salty s-10s. The Attwoods are very much like the Roberts I had snap off. I would not use them on large lures, dipsys etc. Mike
bfd7165
Posted 5/23/2012 4:34 PM (#561529 - in reply to #560273)
Subject: RE: Attwood Pro Series Heavy Duty Rod Holders

The Folbe's will take a beating. Snagged a tree going 5 mph and the the lure stopped dead. The holder twisted 90 degrees and held. If it can hold that then I'm pretty confident it will hold anything you can catch on on rod and reel. Its all I will use.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)