Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> New boaters ?

Message Subject: New boaters ?
TEX
Posted 5/10/2012 9:54 PM (#559088)
Subject: New boaters ?

I finaly pick up my boat on Sunday and I get the fish locator put in next week.
There is one thing I would like to get tips on how do you decide which path to take as you go along and cast I am getting the I-pilot so once I get one I can record it.Is it as simple as following A drop off edge or A weed edge.And if you do follow one of these do you follow it right at the edge or just the general area.
Almost-B-Good
Posted 5/11/2012 7:07 AM (#559128 - in reply to #559088)
Subject: RE: New boaters ?

You don't know what path to take until you fish it several times and even then it can change over time. If the fish are up in the weeds and you are following a path a cast off the edge it'll be a long day. If you follow the edge and the fish are on the edge, that limits where you can cast and that doesn't work too great either. So until you find some fish to tell you where they are, I sure wouldn't worry about setting a path to follow. Now, if you catch a few or have some follows, then you can set a path that keeps you in position to pound those spots that were productive.

I've got the I-Pilot and have only used it one time on a programmed path, as that was the only time I knew where the fish were and exactly how I wanted the boat positioned. More often than not I'm using the motor's AP function to hold direction while I explore areas, making corrections as needed to do whatever it is that I'm doing.

Edited by Almost-B-Good 5/11/2012 7:09 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)