Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Stolen in Minnesota... 2006 Triton Tr21 eXecutive

Frozen
Message Subject: Stolen in Minnesota... 2006 Triton Tr21 eXecutive
esoxaddict
Posted 4/20/2012 12:45 AM (#554438 - in reply to #554101)
Subject: Re: Stolen in Minnesota... 2006 Triton Tr21 eXecutive

I've always thought a nice way to deal with those folks (other than what I posted above) would be to follow them for the rest of their lives, and then every time they get something nice (a car, a boat, whatever) have it stolen. While we'd all like to shoot them, we just can't do that. But I'd bet they would never steal anything again if they knew what it felt like to walk out the door in the morning and find your car or your boat had been stolen. You work and save your money for years, and do without this and that so you can have something like a boat, and then someone comes along and helps themselves to it? I had a car stolen once. Never saw it again. I hope for everyone's sake that I never find out who did it. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I would feel worse for the car if I found out they crashed it and died in the wreck.

Edited by esoxaddict 4/20/2012 12:56 AM
Homer
Posted 4/20/2012 9:02 AM (#554468 - in reply to #554438)

esoxaddict - 4/20/2012 12:45 AM

I've always thought a nice way to deal with those folks (other than what I posted above) would be to follow them for the rest of their lives, and then every time they get something nice (a car, a boat, whatever) have it stolen. While we'd all like to shoot them, we just can't do that. But I'd bet they would never steal anything again if they knew what it felt like to walk out the door in the morning and find your car or your boat had been stolen. You work and save your money for years, and do without this and that so you can have something like a boat, and then someone comes along and helps themselves to it? I had a car stolen once. Never saw it again. I hope for everyone's sake that I never find out who did it. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I would feel worse for the car if I found out they crashed it and died in the wreck.

Why would you spend your time following someone else, have insurance and move on ane enjoy yourself. Things happen in life, how much of your life you let it take up is up to you. H
Shep
Posted 4/20/2012 10:49 AM (#554499 - in reply to #554385)
Subject: RE: Stolen in Minnesota... 2006 Triton Tr21 eXecutive

Ivpush unlogged - 4/19/2012 7:49 PM

Now, I have a reconyx game cam aimed at my boat (with the invisible infrared flash). It was spendy, but $600 to watch over a $60k boat was cheap peace of mind.

Not totally invisible, you can see the LEDs glow. They'll probably get that, too.

I'm willing to bet it's a big crime ring working the east metro, then bring everything over to vacant barns in Wisconsin to strip them clean.

They don't have any vacant barns in Minnesota?

If you leave your boat outside, you had better put a great lock on it, and I also agree with a boot. Make sure your insurance company knows, and they might get you a better rate. The Immobiliser brand is good stuff.
esoxaddict
Posted 4/20/2012 12:02 PM (#554529 - in reply to #554468)

Homer - 4/20/2012 9:02 AM

Why would you spend your time following someone else, have insurance and move on ane enjoy yourself. Things happen in life, how much of your life you let it take up is up to you. H

Well, H, think about it. Let's say it was your truck. You spend what, $45,000 for a new truck? A year or two later someone steals it, and you're lucky to get half what you paid for it from your insurance company. Now you've got half the money, and no way to ever replace what you had, and you're out at least $20,000. How long will it take you to save up $20,000?
Homer
Posted 4/20/2012 12:07 PM (#554530 - in reply to #554529)

esoxaddict - 4/20/2012 12:02 PM

Homer - 4/20/2012 9:02 AM

Well, H, think about it. Let's say it was your truck. You spend what, $45,000 for a new truck? A year or two later someone steals it, and you're lucky to get half what you paid for it from your insurance company. Now you've got half the money, and no way to ever replace what you had, and you're out at least $20,000. How long will it take you to save up $20,000?

I apparently have much better insurance. H
twells
Posted 4/20/2012 1:38 PM (#554557 - in reply to #554101)

i would suggest a trail camera also in a not so easy spot to find or get. Yes they may see the flash and they take extra time to try and get that also or deter them completly. Hopefully the later of the two. There are a couple of brand that will send pictures almost immediatley to a e-mail. It may help or give you enough time to call the cops and catch them very close or still in the act.
cabela10
Posted 4/21/2012 12:24 AM (#554684 - in reply to #554431)

Giving everyone an update. The boat was covered earlier today. It was completed stripped of everything. All I'm left with is a trailer and shell. It was sad seeing her in this state when I knwo how beautiful she was in her glory days.

I'm sure it's not worth fixing up but the fiancee really wants to fix it, rather than buy a new one.
gimo
Posted 4/21/2012 5:08 AM (#554698 - in reply to #554292)

Motion alarm on the boat works great too.
Who makes that adjustable stock and pistol grip ?
firstsixfeet
Posted 4/21/2012 7:36 AM (#554708 - in reply to #554684)

cabela10 - 4/21/2012 12:34 AM

By the way, it was recovered on a farm in St. Croix County, Wisconsin. 28 miles east of Hudson, WI. So all these thieves take the boats over to Wisconsin in the rural parts of Wisconsin.

Interesting racket, can you link to the police report or news article on this? Thanks.
Shep
Posted 4/21/2012 8:38 AM (#554716 - in reply to #554708)

By the way, it was recovered on a farm in St. Croix County, Wisconsin. 28 miles east of Hudson, WI. So all these thieves take the boats over to Wisconsin in the rural parts of Wisconsin.

Interesting racket, can you link to the police report or news article on this? Thanks.

If it was recovered that quickly, then the authorities in that area know what's going on, and must be collecting information and evidence to make a bust stick. I bet they know who these guys are.

Was there a lot of damage to the boat? Really makes me sick this stuff happens.

Everyone that leaves a boat outside should have several means of securing it. And a cheap coupler lock is no deterent at all. Those can be broken with one blow of a hammer.

Edited by Shep 4/21/2012 8:39 AM
Mikes Extreme
Posted 4/21/2012 9:36 AM (#554722 - in reply to #554716)

Very sad story. Can't say what I would do if someone tried to steal my Ranger and everything I have in it. Non flash, non glow trail cameras are used at my house for over a year. My son had some vandalism done on his car. Now everyone who comes into my driveway is on the camera card. The trail camera is hidden so no one but me knows its there. My wife and kids don't even know. Anything that goes on is now on the card. I breeze through the pics once a week or two just to clean the card. If someone I don't know shows up on it I leave that pic. My son was surprised to know that my father intuition let's me know when he is not telling me the whole truth. Like when he snuck out if the house to meet his girl friend at 1am.

Trail cameras are not only for deer hunting.

Motion lights are a huge deterant. So are security stickers from well known places. Gun control sign let's them know they could have a laser on them when they are in the yard. The more deterents the better.

Sorry to read about your loss. I personally like the three pictures. Shoot, shovel, shut up!!!
Posted 4/21/2012 8:31 PM (#554828 - in reply to #554101)

This thread sickens me, thieves like this need to chained to cement blocks and thrown in the river.

Just one question - some of you talk about your boats sitting outside - do you really park your vehicles in the garage but leave the boat outside? Why not put the boat inside and park in the driveway since you can lock your vehicles?? At least during the summer???
Musky Brian
Posted 4/21/2012 9:07 PM (#554836 - in reply to #554828)

Guest - 4/21/2012 8:31 PM

This thread sickens me, thieves like this need to chained to cement blocks and thrown in the river.

Just one question - some of you talk about your boats sitting outside - do you really park your vehicles in the garage but leave the boat outside? Why not put the boat inside and park in the driveway since you can lock your vehicles?? At least during the summer???

Because in many cases, like mine, the boat does not fit into the garage but a car will...thus you have no choice
GanderMTN-MAN
Posted 4/21/2012 11:58 PM (#554849 - in reply to #554101)

I cringed when I first saw this post. I am glad the boat was found, even in the condition it was in. I would rather have it found then never knowing what happened to it. I feel terrible for you bud. I have my boat sitting on the driveway right now and the thought of waking up and it not being there really makes me sick to my stomach. As was stated above, it sounds like a bust is being prepared. I hope they pull the trigger soon and shut that operation down.
marine_1
Posted 4/22/2012 12:53 PM (#554893 - in reply to #554385)

Ivpush unlogged - 4/20/2012 3:49 AM

Unfortunatly, my boat sits outside next to my garage. We also have a sudden increase in thefts the past year due to some folks moving in and don't have jobs, so i guess they need something to do with their time. Actually had a tool set stolen out of the back of my pickup while parked in the driveway. Now, I have a reconyx game cam aimed at my boat (with the invisible infrared flash). It was spendy, but $600 to watch over a $60k boat was cheap peace of mind.
If I caught someone messing with my stuff, they'd better hope the law gets em before I do.
Howard

Good to know I'll stay away now . . .
cabela10
Posted 4/22/2012 6:43 PM (#554957 - in reply to #554708)

firstsixfeet - 4/21/2012 7:36 AM

Just quoting the St. Croix County Sheriff that recovered the boat.
cabela10
Posted 4/22/2012 6:46 PM (#554959 - in reply to #554716)

If it was recovered that quickly, then the authorities in that area know what's going on, and must be collecting information and evidence to make a bust stick. I bet they know who these guys are.

Was there a lot of damage to the boat? Really makes me sick this stuff happens.

Everyone that leaves a boat outside should have several means of securing it. And a cheap coupler lock is no deterent at all. Those can be broken with one blow of a hammer.

Zero damage to the hull, just scratches from these tool boxes jumping in and out of it, ripping sh^# apart. All interior damage.
TET62
Posted 4/22/2012 7:07 PM (#554965 - in reply to #554101)

I hope you find them and have your private payback or at least have your dream boat replaced with the contents....whata bummer, frickin people have the gall...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)