Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> AVETSX Reel

Message Subject: AVETSX Reel
tnp
Posted 3/28/2012 3:29 PM (#549136)
Subject: AVETSX Reel

Looking for a reel to pull #10's and maybe even burn them.
Anyone have experience using the AVETSX for this purpose.
Want a reel small and lite as possible.
AVETSX work for 10's with either or both 5.3 or 6.4 ?
Thank you in advance for any help on this.
Flambeauski
Posted 3/28/2012 4:08 PM (#549150 - in reply to #549136)
Subject: Re: AVETSX Reel

I have the single speed 5.3 SX with mc. Only have half a season of use but I really like it for big blades. Enough speed to burn (what I consider burning).
Farmer Rick
Posted 3/28/2012 8:41 PM (#549194 - in reply to #549136)
Subject: Re: AVETSX Reel

I have the sx 2 speed. On the high speed you can burn pretty easily and the slow speed has the same line pick up as a toro winch. I do not fill the spool all the way up so its probably a little slower than the winch but you can't even feel a double 10 on there. They are built like a tank. The only negatives are non level wind (not that big a deal), lack of a thumb bar ( only takes a few casts to get used to the lever), and the stainless gears are loud... They are a great option for us "leftys"
TJones
Posted 3/28/2012 10:49 PM (#549217 - in reply to #549136)
Subject: RE: AVETSX Reel

Just got the 5.3 this past winter... Bought it mainly for saltwater applications, but did test it out w/ the double tens just to see how id like it. I think you will like it A LOT--once you get used to the lever--which won't be too bad, it has stages that you can actually feel when switching between so its not very hard to catch on to.

I can't really see why you would need the two speed. Save your money, the 5.3 will burn them right out of the water effortlessly. Like was said before, the gears are a little bit loud... but who cares, this is a beast of a reel in such a small size. I say go for it... If you don't like it, no big deal the resale on them is pretty good.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)