Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Big Game Lip Repair

Message Subject: Big Game Lip Repair
TopWaterTuffy
Posted 3/28/2012 8:57 PM (#549200)
Subject: Big Game Lip Repair

I have a couple Big Games that have lips broken off and I'm trying to figure out how to get the remaining half of the lip out of the inside of the bait (if that makes sense)

Once I have the rest of the lip out, I can just get a replacement lip and seal it up.

I need to know the best way to get the broken lip off the bait without damaging the wood. Any ideas?
Landonfish
Posted 3/28/2012 10:18 PM (#549214 - in reply to #549200)
Subject: Re: Big Game Lip Repair

Ive used a scroll saw and just cut the rest of the lip out.
Tackle Industries
Posted 3/29/2012 7:01 AM (#549238 - in reply to #549200)
Subject: Re: Big Game Lip Repair

email the company. Most musky lure companies have good customer service and will take care of you for issues like this.
JMO
James
wavridr
Posted 3/29/2012 7:10 AM (#549239 - in reply to #549200)
Subject: RE: Big Game Lip Repair

Use a Dremil tool or band saw and cut it out.  I wouldn't think the company will cover it as banging off rocks or piers is not their fault.
TopWaterTuffy
Posted 3/29/2012 3:47 PM (#549368 - in reply to #549200)

I've emailed Tony with Big Game and was told the best way to get it taken care of is to get the rest of the lip out myself and then he will send me some replacement lips. I never really got a tip from him as to how to how to go about doing that.

Yeah unfortunately the lips breaking off while bouncing rocks isn't a covered loss by big game.

jakejusa
Posted 3/29/2012 4:10 PM (#549373 - in reply to #549200)

I do about 8 a winter. I use a dremel or high speed small drill. There's the wires from the eyelet which makes them groove the lip, extend that groove towards you until you have two pieces, then work into the glued bottom. My dremel has a little pointed hard steel tool that works perfect for this. I got one in a couple years back that someone took their pocket knife to....not pretty at all. But replacing the lips also lets you do some creative things. computer board replacement...that stuff doesn't break! or my personal favorite just a little thicker and a scotch longer lip add in the Jonesi bend and you have a new weapon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)