Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Milwaukee Muskie Expo

Message Subject: Milwaukee Muskie Expo
MME
Posted 2/12/2012 7:50 PM (#538289)
Subject: Milwaukee Muskie Expo

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone attended the Milwaukee Muskie Expo; from our partners (exhibitors and sponsors), to everyone who purchased tickets to come to the show, all the media that helped promote the show, and last but not least of all the manufacturers in our great Muskie Industry.

We are all in this sport together to make the milestones we just accomplished and thank you all for this. Milwaukee Muskie Expo not only set another new record of attendees but more important how successfully you all supported our partners in the Muskie Industry.

Thank You NPAA for making 150 plus kids smile, leaving with new fishing rods. Thanks also for the support making our first World Championship Handcrafted Muskie Lure Contest a HUGE success. We were able to raise $1600.00 to go into a fund that is earmarked kids into Muskie Fishing from the associated Auction. A special thanks to all who purchased a lure at the Auction!

Great Show.

Thank You Kindly Everyone,
Doug
james
Posted 2/12/2012 9:01 PM (#538316 - in reply to #538289)
Subject: RE: Milwaukee Muskie Expo

Who won the contest?
sworrall
Posted 2/12/2012 9:36 PM (#538327 - in reply to #538316)

Posted 2/12/2012 11:18 PM (#538347 - in reply to #538289)

so who won???
Posted 2/13/2012 10:13 AM (#538418 - in reply to #538316)

Nimmer Swimmer Musky Lures won the World championship lure building contest...surface lure division!
Bondy
Posted 2/13/2012 10:25 AM (#538423 - in reply to #538289)

I think this show will grow to the point of being called 'America's Musky Show' someday....just sayin'.
Posted 2/13/2012 11:20 AM (#538441 - in reply to #538289)

Ed kotts also won... which division, I do not know...
DonPursch
Posted 2/13/2012 8:35 PM (#538571 - in reply to #538289)

Have done lots of muskie show and this by far is the best ever well run well attended
Nice people in Millwaukee and lots of interest in the lodge Thanks Doug for all your hard work and thanks to all who came Later Don
MUSKY ARMOR
Posted 2/14/2012 11:22 AM (#538679 - in reply to #538289)

Thank you Doug for another great show, met alot of new people this year!!
See ya in 2013!
MA
ToddM
Posted 2/14/2012 11:49 AM (#538683 - in reply to #538289)
Subject: Re: Milwaukee Muskie Expo

Had a great time at the show as always. Ed Kott(my smart phone wants to change it to lottery) makes a beautiful glider. Bought two of the at the swap for a song. Bought a muskies for life t-shirt and he was selling flashabou skirts so cheap I bought 122the of them at the chicago swap fr club raffles.
muskihntr
Posted 2/14/2012 12:54 PM (#538696 - in reply to #538289)

Thanks for putting in the hard work Doug. I think it really showed with the turnout you had. Also making yourself accessible to us as vendors to handle all of our questions and needs was huge as well. Look forward to seein ya next year.
Thanks
Tackle Industries
Posted 2/14/2012 1:01 PM (#538699 - in reply to #538696)

Never seen so many smiling kids Doug! That was awesome setting that up to get kids a rod/reel combo on on Sunday. Really seemed to bring in entire families which was really good to see. Great show, good seminars, top tackle/resort vendors, great building, good parking, and some beer and brats. What more can you ask for For me it was fun to talk with customers, all of the musky clubs and the Operation musky guys at the show.
Great job!
James

Edited by Tackle Industries 2/14/2012 1:02 PM
MME
Posted 2/16/2012 4:46 AM (#539067 - in reply to #538289)

I always believe the guts of this great Muskie Industry are the manufacturers as I am very pleased to have such great partners in this industry as you guys. Educating to bring in new blood is the key. I had received many emails right after the show and I can not describe our mission any better then this one email. I took out his last name just for privacy, as you understand the reasons for this. This is what its all about guys..... Thank You for being part of it. Read on this email below....

I am a multi species fisherman, and have recently gained interest in pursuing Muskie. This was my first Muskie show, and quite frankly it rocked.

I took a three day pass and spend 4 1/2 hours on Friday, 5 hours on Saturday and 2 1/2 hours on Sunday. I took my soon to be 13 year old son (my oldest) all three days, and the other three boys on Sunday. My oldest really enjoyed the show. We only took in the "How to Do" clinics for our first show weekend. We saw Gregg Thomas and his presentation on Short Line Trolling and Live Bait Fishing. We also took in Tony Grant's "Night Fishing" session along with Mat Hegy's "Musky Reels" on Sunday. All great stuff, and all greatly appreciated. Lots of information. The presenters were excellent with the crowd and were very helpful afterwards too. Please keep those educational presentations coming.

I enjoyed the "Demo" tank and getting to talk to all of the lure manufactures about their product. My 8 year old was really impressed with the creations of Greg Nimmer and his truly artistic Nimmer Swimmer Musky Lures. He was so impressed that he went home that night to design his own lure! Truly inspiring.

Thanks for a great show. We were not able to take advantage of the free rod promo nor the "Musky Brothers" presentation, so we did leave something on the table for next year.

This was a great winter weekend "get away" when football season is finally over. Thank You. My four boys and I are looking forward to next years show.

Regards,

Greg
Wind Lake, WI
jeffwiegand
Posted 2/20/2012 8:00 AM (#539872 - in reply to #538289)

Thanks Doug for you support of our Veterans. The Op Muskie booth was a huge success! Thanks!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)