Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> The Pounder Head bite blues

Message Subject: The Pounder Head bite blues
Posted 9/22/2013 10:30 AM (#664731)
Subject: The Pounder Head bite blues

Missed a good fish yesterday on a pounder that hit directly on the head and forward, usually miss 4 or more fish this way every fall, has anyone added a hook that would catch these fish? I've been thinking of just putting a short shank treble on the snap with the bait to keep the hook on top of the head? Do you think this would work or has anyone added a hook to the front of the bait with success?
TC24
Posted 9/22/2013 7:31 PM (#664781 - in reply to #664731)
Subject: RE: The Pounder Head bite blues

Have tried it in a different spot. Just bad luck. That just comes with the territory. You can always try it though!
muskie! nut
Posted 9/22/2013 8:25 PM (#664801 - in reply to #664731)

Guest - 9/22/2013 10:30 AM
I've been thinking of just putting a short shank treble on the snap with the bait to keep the hook on top of the head?

I wouldn't put it on the snap - a very weak link that a big fish could twist when hooked and break it. I would skip the snap and go with a split ring/solid ring leader and place the hook on the split ring.
Mike lopresti
Posted 9/23/2013 4:17 PM (#664942 - in reply to #664731)

Head hunters are usually good fish I've seen some guys really crack the rod when they get bite and still loose em. U can try to split ring a treble to the front eye of the dawg and burry a hook so the dawg looks like it has horns make sure if its al older one u cut the single hook on the dorsal to stay legal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)