Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Northeast Lac Seul

Message Subject: Northeast Lac Seul
Muskyfreak44
Posted 8/8/2011 11:42 PM (#511018)
Subject: Northeast Lac Seul

Has anyone been up to the Northeast part of Lac Seul this summer? How has the fishing been? Any pics? That place holds a special place in my heart and I have not been able to make it up there for a few years.
p0007
Posted 8/9/2011 8:40 AM (#511043 - in reply to #511018)
Subject: RE: Northeast Lac Seul

Heading up there in less than a week, last few years the fishing was a bit challenging at times, but I love that area and the walleyes are always good. I did get cut off last year for the first time up there. Hoping for good weather...
Posted 8/9/2011 3:43 PM (#511129 - in reply to #511043)

What do you mean, cut off? Sorry, I am old!
BNelson
Posted 8/9/2011 4:03 PM (#511134 - in reply to #511129)
Subject: Re: Northeast Lac Seul

love it up there too and thinking about a return trip .... Chamberlain Narrows and Andersons charge 150 a nite per person for a roof over your head which is highway robbery....would like to do 3 or 4 nites there next summer but 600 for 4 nites is crazy talk!
Muskyfreak44
Posted 8/9/2011 11:44 PM (#511180 - in reply to #511018)

P0007 mentioned that fishing has been challenging at times and I have heard that about Lac Seul before. Just wondering what everyone thinks about that statement. Is it the lake, the fish, the fisherman or something else? I know it’s called fishing and not catching for a reason but I seem to hear more negative stuff then positive about Lac Seul the last few years. I have nothing specific, just blah statements and a very vanilla attitude about the fishing in general. My memories are very different from that.

Maybe LOTW is just so good, so popular, so large and so heavily fished that there is just that many more fisherman, and woman, talking about it and having a great deal of success there. I am one of the guys whose group switched our annual Canadian trip from Lac Seul to LOTW about 5 years ago for the very reason that you mention BNelson, cost. I understand why people love LOTW, I am now one of them, but my first love was Lac Seul!

I have always wanted to go back but I am just not sure anymore. I am curious about what you all think. Thanks!
p0007
Posted 8/10/2011 8:28 AM (#511193 - in reply to #511180)

The fishing can be good at times, but the numbers aren't there like LOTW where you still have a shot at a big one there as well. I love going to both places really, but that is what we have experienced up there, especially in the last few years. But nonetheless, I really enjoy going up to that area, and still love it even when the fishing has been tough. There has certainly been some nice fish, plus we have some guys that just like jig walleyes.
But my opinion on your question is probably a combination of the outrageous prices to stay up there, the longer distance to travel (by vehicle and boat), and with the lack of numbers some hit or miss fishing. I mean think of the lakes you drive by to get up there if your coming from Minneapolis/Chicago/Wisconsin areas - mille lacs, vermilion, LOTW, eagle, not to mention a bunch of others that are not far of that path. It's still a premier destination, but not as convenient as others.
Guest-I got cut off while fishing a spot by another boat, they pulled right in like we weren't there and started casting, I couldn't believe it. Apparently it was the last spot left on a 400k acre lake and they left their courtesy back in the states.

Posted 8/11/2011 9:04 PM (#511446 - in reply to #511018)

007 - I look forward to hearing how you did this trip. Pleas let us know.
Musky Brian
Posted 8/13/2011 9:16 PM (#511669 - in reply to #511446)

I have heard a lot of negative comments too...It is definetely a challenging, low density fishery. But in my opinion it is your best chance to nail a giant in NW Ontario, you will not see the numbers of LOTW but LOTW cannot crank out the caliber of giants Lac Seul does...I have seen more big fish on a singular spot on Lac Seul then I have ever seen on LOTW period...I love both of them, there's a time and place for each in my future
Posted 8/29/2011 1:09 PM (#514182 - in reply to #511018)

Anyone have a report from Lac Seul they would like to share?
muskyjim123
Posted 8/29/2011 7:26 PM (#514276 - in reply to #514182)

Would u say it is more comparable to eagle lake ontario for population of big fish/muskies or is it less musky population than eagle?
Musky Brian
Posted 8/29/2011 11:14 PM (#514316 - in reply to #514276)

less, but potential for bigger fish..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)