Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> looking for a good scale

Message Subject: looking for a good scale
muskihntr
Posted 12/9/2010 6:09 PM (#469808)
Subject: looking for a good scale

Im looking for a in-expensive weighing scale (not for fishing) that will record the highest weight and hold it for a reading. My daughter needs it for a science project.

Example...pulling line with the scale hook til it breaks, i want a scale that will hold the highest weight when the line breaks/let go.

Anyone know of any scales out there that will do that? doesnt necessarily need to be digital.

Thanks
Pikopath
Posted 12/10/2010 12:54 AM (#469834 - in reply to #469808)
Subject: Re: looking for a good scale

Most digital fishing scales holds the highest weight weighed on them. If the next test is with a lighter line, it will not hold the max for that line. They will work if you start with the lighest and progress upwards. If you understand what I mean. Maybe you can reset the digital ones by removing the battery each time. Rapala has an analog one that could serve the purpose.

Theres a little thingy there that will slide down with the actual weight arrow, and stay there. Michael

kjgmh
Posted 12/10/2010 8:44 AM (#469849 - in reply to #469808)
Subject: RE: looking for a good scale

You might check out scales for checking draw weight of a bow, they usually have a small slider that moves and stays at the peak wieght. I think they can be found for under $30.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)