Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Harley bucktail info

Message Subject: Harley bucktail info
muskyhunter63
Posted 7/16/2009 2:00 PM (#388985)
Subject: Harley bucktail info

Looking for info on this bucktail. I was told by a friend that Tom Gelb had the Harley emblem stamped on some blades when Tom was with Harley Davidson. Tom then gave the blades to Joe Bucher who then made the bucktails. I have no contact info for either Joe Bucher or Tom Gelb so I am asking here if anyone has any info on this lure. Blade looks to be a copper finish and tail is black bucktail. Hope the picture turns out.
Ken

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(harley bucktail.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments harley bucktail.jpg (13KB - 168 downloads)
muskellunged
Posted 7/16/2009 2:11 PM (#388988 - in reply to #388985)
Subject: Re: Harley bucktail info

What info are you seeking- it seems like you have the story gathered already?
muskyhunter63
Posted 7/16/2009 2:41 PM (#388994 - in reply to #388988)

I guess I am trying to verify the info I have received on this lure. I have not seen any others like it but I would have to guess there are some around.
Ken
mota
Posted 7/16/2009 8:05 PM (#389071 - in reply to #388985)

you would like to know the price?
personally i will say not more than a can of worms even if they are rare
muskyhunter63
Posted 7/16/2009 8:36 PM (#389074 - in reply to #389071)

Could not care less about a price! Bought it off Ebay for $4. Just interested in the history of the lure. Again, never saw one before. Blade is kinda cheap and shows some marks where it was punched out when made. I don't collect lures (my wife might argue that one!) or buy them to resell. My friend just told me about seeing one of these one time (given to him by Joe Bucher) and he told me if I ever found one I should buy it so I did. $4 is no big deal is it? Can of worms will certainly catch fish but I bought this because I thought it might have an interesting history. So far, nobody has anything to add to confirm or refute the story I was told.
Ken
Posted 1/10/2011 6:33 AM (#474546 - in reply to #388985)
Subject: RE: Harley bucktail info

The blade was a emblem that was put on a limited quanity of HD leather saddle bags. The blade was brass and had three pointed prongs that went thru the leather and were bent over inside the bag.
I got about 25 or 50 (can't remember) OF THE BLADES AND CUT OFF THE PROnGNS. tHEN bUCHEWR TACKLE COMPANY MADe UP THE BUCKTAIL SPINNERs WITH BLACK BUCKTAIL AND A BIT OF ORANGE. ( hARLEY-DAVIDSON BLACK AND ORANGE)

These were given to menbers of Milwaukee Muskie Inc chapter at some kind of event.

I still have one. Tom Gelb
muskyhunter63
Posted 1/10/2011 8:45 AM (#474563 - in reply to #474546)
Subject: RE: Harley bucktail info

Thanks for the reply Tom.
I brought this to the Milwaukee musky expo last year and spoke with you about it. You took the time to give me the history last year before you spoke at your seminar. Was really nice to meet you and thanks again for the history of the lure.
Ken
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)