Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: We will know what a Muskie is thinking when one gets around to telling us
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Crankbait tuning question

Message Subject: Crankbait tuning question
wvhillbillyjlm
Posted 9/6/2010 8:42 PM (#458344)
Subject: Crankbait tuning question

I have a few crankbaits that I am having trouble tuning. It seems like they don't know how they want to run. They may run to the left or they may run to the right. One thing that I have noticed is that after the cast I start reeling slow than speed up a little, they will run fine at slow to medium speeds. If I don't start slow than speed up, the will blow out. Any ideas.

Thanks
muskyjim
Posted 10/29/2010 9:19 PM (#465045 - in reply to #458344)
Subject: RE: Crankbait tuning question

The first thing is to make sure the lip is not moving on you. You may have to add some lead in the belly of the bait.
zach2626
Posted 11/2/2010 7:18 AM (#465335 - in reply to #465045)
Subject: RE: Crankbait tuning question

i say it may need more weight but make sure your line tie is 100% lined up. also line tie placement may need to be looked at. this used to happen to me when i used too light of weights. good luck, i can it the trials and tribulations of bait making. some baits don't need any lead and other may need alot. have fun!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)