Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> shallow assist and roller issues

Reply New post
Message Subject: shallow assist and roller issues
TimmyT
Posted 9/23/2010 10:31 AM (#460544)
Subject: shallow assist and roller issues

I have a '00 620 with a shallow assist system on the trailer. My problem is that every time I go t take the boat out of the water, it slides back 2"-3". The reason for this seems to be the orientation of the winch height and front stop/roller height. To get the eyelet on the boat snug to that roller, the strap acually ends up being angled up slightly, leading me to believe the winch is mounted a little low. Anyways, when I pull it out, the shallow assist enables the boat to sag back, turning that upward angle on the strap to a level strap with a 2'-3' gap between the roller and the eyelet. Over time and longer road trips, this issue has started to cause minor chipping above the eyelet. I believe this is mostly from hitting pot hole, going over rr tracks, etc... with the eyelet not snug to the roller. I have picked up a scuff guard plate to cover the affected area, but am still wondering if I should ditch the shallow assist, raise the winch a little, or lower that front stop/roller a little. Anyone have this problem before? Any suggestions? Thanks for your time, Tim
VMS
Posted 9/23/2010 4:26 PM (#460595 - in reply to #460544)
Subject: Re: shallow assist and roller issues

Hi Tim,

Can you take a picture of the front of the boat and the winch post? A picture could be a good tell-all on this one. I'm having a hard time envisioning the issue...

Steve

Timmyt
Posted 9/24/2010 8:55 AM (#460663 - in reply to #460595)

I'm struggling trying to figure out how to attach a picture.
VMS
Posted 9/24/2010 6:59 PM (#460740 - in reply to #460663)

Can you send it to me? [email protected]

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)