Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Wisconsin DNR partners with HSUS

Message Subject: Wisconsin DNR partners with HSUS
itallushrt
Posted 5/14/2010 9:15 AM (#440894)
Subject: Wisconsin DNR partners with HSUS

Boys what is going on up there?? Sleeping with the enemy is dangerous!

http://dnr.wi.gov/news/DNRNews_article_Lookup.asp?id=1421

CiscoKid
Posted 5/14/2010 10:08 AM (#440900 - in reply to #440894)
Subject: RE: Wisconsin DNR partners with HSUS

Maybe they are doing the "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer".
jackson
Posted 5/14/2010 12:56 PM (#440914 - in reply to #440894)
Subject: Re: Wisconsin DNR partners with HSUS

hardly. the USHS is a group of radicals that want to completely ban hunting/fishing etc... Don't believe me? google them and you will see.

They are actually protesting the removal of geese close to airports even thou it poses a huge danger to planes.
sworrall
Posted 5/14/2010 5:30 PM (#440943 - in reply to #440894)

Sometimes State Govt is a little disjointed.

Just a little.

Doesn't matter which state.
sorenson
Posted 5/14/2010 5:58 PM (#440946 - in reply to #440943)

That is indeed an odd marriage, but the goal is admirable. Once HSUS figures out that the main reason DNR wants to save baby animals is so that as they become adults, people can kill and eat them, things will probably go sour...
I do love it when a wildlife agency pulls one over on the antis though.

And it certainly qualifies as tapping an non-traditional funding source!
S.

Edited by sorenson 5/14/2010 6:00 PM
PSYS
Posted 5/14/2010 6:37 PM (#440951 - in reply to #440894)

Not really sure what good could from this kind of partnership...
sworrall
Posted 5/15/2010 10:08 AM (#441014 - in reply to #440894)

Sorno, excellent point...
tcbetka
Posted 5/16/2010 8:09 AM (#441084 - in reply to #440946)

sorenson - 5/14/2010 5:58 PM

That is indeed an odd marriage, but the goal is admirable. Once HSUS figures out that the main reason DNR wants to save baby animals is so that as they become adults, people can kill and eat them, things will probably go sour...

S.

He shoots, he SCORES!

TB
Kuhly
Posted 5/17/2010 5:40 PM (#441267 - in reply to #440894)

Amen to that Sorno!
concerned
Posted 5/18/2010 2:23 PM (#441403 - in reply to #440946)

sorenson - 5/14/2010 5:58 PM

S.

The only reason the DNR wants people to leave baby animals alone is to reduce the time wardens spend on such cases. Randy Stark, the cheif DNR warden, and the guy who solicitied funds from those wackos, said so himself.
Now, think about this. Let's say HSUS gets an idea to help stop the "needless suffering" that muskies endue while being caught so they start a campain to eliminate all muskie fishing including C&R fishing. HUmmmmm......maybe its time to call-in that 6,000 -dollar favor we did for the WI DNR.

That probibly won't happen but you get the idea, there is no doubt that a wacked-out group of activists has gained leverage against our DNR, and our DNR invited them to do so! That is bad for all hunters, fishermen, and trappers of our state. I say give every cent of that tainted money back. This is not a laughing issue.

And if anyone thinks that HSUS is in any way affiliated with your local shelter, please, please, please educate yourself. HSUS is a radical group with an agenda to stop all hunting, fishing, trapping, animal agriculture, medical testing, etc. etc.
They are not your local shelter!!!!!!!! They named themselves that to create confusion in order to raise more $$$$$$$$$$, sickening!
sorenson
Posted 5/18/2010 4:27 PM (#441434 - in reply to #441403)

concerned - 5/18/2010 1:23 PM

The only reason the DNR wants people to leave baby animals alone is to reduce the time wardens spend on such cases. Randy Stark, the cheif DNR warden, and the guy who solicitied funds from those wackos, said so himself.
Now, think about this. Let's say HSUS gets an idea to help stop the "needless suffering" that muskies endue while being caught so they start a campain to eliminate all muskie fishing including C&R fishing. HUmmmmm......maybe its time to call-in that 6,000 -dollar favor we did for the WI DNR.

Sure, it lessens the burdens on the wardens - that is a good thing. It allows them the time to go chase folks targeting muskies earlier than regulations allow - or whatever your cause for the day may be. But if you have a DNR that would even consider sacrificing thousands of anglers and their license dollars (and the associated Federal Aid match) for 6,000 measly dollars as a 'payback of a favor' you've got bigger problems in your agency than you realize.
Yes, HSUS is a terroristic organization bent on elimination of hunting and fishing all together. It's contribution to local pet shelters is infinitesimally small, but if they want to hand me some money so that I can accomplish my mission to provide the most efficient and effective service to the clientele who pays my salary, I'll take it and smirk all the way to my tree stand.
S.
Mr Musky
Posted 5/18/2010 9:10 PM (#441492 - in reply to #440894)

One of the guys that I recently spoke with about this topic at my work feels that the DNR is letting the wolf and bear populaton in WI get so high that with the low deer numbers the predators will be able to maintain the population and keep it down and there will be no need for hunting, hence the marriage.

Mr Musky
sworrall
Posted 5/18/2010 9:19 PM (#441499 - in reply to #440894)

That's hilarious.
sorenson
Posted 5/18/2010 9:23 PM (#441502 - in reply to #441492)

Mr Musky - 5/18/2010 8:10 PM

One of the guys that I recently spoke with about this topic at my work feels that the DNR is letting the wolf and bear populaton in WI get so high that with the low deer numbers the predators will be able to maintain the population and keep it down and there will be no need for hunting, hence the marriage.

Mr Musky

If any DNR actually wanted to discontinue the act of sport hunting, it would hardly need to recruit the HSUS. The agency already has the statutory authority to do it.
S.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)