Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Mending torn boat cover

Reply New post
Message Subject: Mending torn boat cover
Cast
Posted 4/16/2010 8:46 AM (#435506)
Subject: Mending torn boat cover

Yesterday, while removing my trusty little 14er from the urban garage where she rests, I scraped the boat against the entranceway and tore the boat cover where it folds over the side of the boat. Bad tear, about 18". How can this be mended? Stitching? Some sort of super-tape? The cover is in otherwise too good of shape to replace.
Thank you
Muskie Treats
Posted 4/16/2010 8:55 AM (#435511 - in reply to #435506)
Subject: Re: Mending torn boat cover

You can find any upholstery shop that should be able to do it pretty easy. Otherwise just duct tape it on each side of the tear and it'll be good.
w pa muskie bound
Posted 4/17/2010 3:20 PM (#435755 - in reply to #435506)
Subject: RE: Mending torn boat cover

go to wal mart to the craft dept. and get the blue jean iron on patch. worked great on my last boats cover.
dward
Posted 4/17/2010 5:22 PM (#435776 - in reply to #435506)

Don't know where you are located, but if it is in the Milwaukee area I would suggest Harken. They do a great job on canvas repairs and it was much more reasonable than i would have guessed when i had some work done on one of my covers a few years back(also alot cheaper than replacing as well).

Here is their link: http://www.harken.com/company/company.php

Edited by dward 4/17/2010 5:24 PM
Cast
Posted 4/18/2010 3:10 PM (#435884 - in reply to #435776)

dward - 4/17/2010 5:22 PM

Don't know where you are located, but if it is in the Milwaukee area I would suggest Harken. They do a great job on canvas repairs and it was much more reasonable than i would have guessed when i had some work done on one of my covers a few years back(also alot cheaper than replacing as well).

Here is their link: http://www.harken.com/company/company.php

I'm sure they do a great job. But its a long way from SW PA.

dward
Posted 4/18/2010 4:37 PM (#435893 - in reply to #435884)

That it would be Cast!! Good Luck finding a solution
TET62
Posted 4/25/2010 6:06 PM (#437431 - in reply to #435506)
Subject: Re: Mending torn boat cover

I moved my boat out of the garage last fall for a trip and done the exact same thing! Rubbed it on the side of the garage door and torn a 3" slice in the cover. Rather than letting it flop and potentially ripping larger I went in the house and looked in the wifes sewing kit and found a gray thread close to the cover, not eaxct but close and well my high school sewing class came into play. I sewn a single stitch first and then went back over it again and sewed a cross stitch (no not a suzy home maker :). Well the sew job held and now I have a story to tell for my bypass for mending the slice in the cover.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)