Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Make sure you sign the new MN lakes petition at expo!!!

Message Subject: Make sure you sign the new MN lakes petition at expo!!!
happy hooker
Posted 4/2/2010 10:43 AM (#432630)
Subject: Make sure you sign the new MN lakes petition at expo!!!

When you come to Georges Minnesota expo next weekend make sure to sign the Petition for the 5 new proposed muskie lakes,,,,we got alot of pages from the MPLS's sports show last week,,,,,petition will be at the Twin cities muskies inc booth for sure and maybe a couple other MI chapters

Edited by happy hooker 4/2/2010 10:44 AM
jakejusa
Posted 4/2/2010 11:23 AM (#432635 - in reply to #432630)
Subject: RE: Make sure you sign the new MN lakes petition at expo!!!

GREAT REMINDER, thank you
Propster
Posted 4/2/2010 2:48 PM (#432676 - in reply to #432630)
Subject: Re: Make sure you sign the new MN lakes petition at expo!!!

HH, if we signed at the MI banquet should we make sure to not sign again? Shawn mentioned something about you have to be careful not to submit duplicate names or it makes the petition(s) invalid or something.
happy hooker
Posted 4/2/2010 2:51 PM (#432678 - in reply to #432676)
Subject: Re: Make sure you sign the new MN lakes petition at expo!!!

yup,,this is the same one
Brian Hoffies
Posted 4/3/2010 9:38 AM (#432785 - in reply to #432630)

If I remember right they need to be able to read your name, address, phone number. Seems I heard that petitions are good, but there are pretty strict requirements if you want them taken seriously.

Another thing is maybe somebody can print off a list of state reps people can take home. If it includes name, address, phone & e-mail addresses for the politicians you might get more people involved. Sportsman in general are pretty passionate, but also pretty lazy when it comes to politics.
dcmusky
Posted 4/3/2010 3:16 PM (#432840 - in reply to #432785)

Tihs is a DNR proposal so you don't have to contact your politicion. We are not the MDAA. Unless you are talking about the S. Longs, then you might want to voice you intrest to them. Also you can give your imput to the DNR now. Most importaintly show up to the summer and fall imput meetings for these lakes, I am working with the Tetonka people and I can tell you now if we don't voice our support with ALL our numbers for ALL 5 of these lakes it might not happen!
Dan Crooms 54
happy hooker
Posted 4/3/2010 4:23 PM (#432852 - in reply to #432840)

here is an intresting side note to add even more weight to DC'c-Dans comment

last week at the MPL's sportsshow our Twin Citys MI chapter had a booth Im one of the people who run it,,,,well we had a visitor,,,,, he was a spearer and I didnt of course know this at first,,,I asked him 'would you like to sign our petition for more lakes'??? his response was "is there a list to STOP putting muskies places",,,from there he went on to raise certain pts about muskies 4- 5 times at various intervals he repeated the same phrase "just dont put em where there not suposed to be",,,for about 15 minutes we debated things,,very civil he was very polite and it was obvious he knew ALL the issues-cass lake slot limits on pike,,,but very unbending to any science or the results of the long range dnr plan,,,has it ended he walked away with the comment again 'Just dont put em where there not supposed to be" I wasnt gonna let the last word slip by my response was 'well we'll let the dnr decide that" at which point he backed up shaking his head side to side in an obvious " no'

we ALL need to show up at the public input meetings

Edited by happy hooker 4/3/2010 4:25 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)