Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: fishing is like diarrhea.... when it hits i I GOT TO GO!!!!
- (Added by: klcb)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: Ironman just around the corner
Junkman
Posted 9/21/2009 7:25 AM (#401027)
Subject: Ironman just around the corner

Don't ask for too many details from me ( I am not part of the organization) but I am really looking forward to the start of the Ironman series of fall tournaments here on my home turf. Two in Madison (Oct 3 &4) Two on Pewaukee and Okauchee (Oct 24 &25) and one last probably coolish day on Pewaukee Novenmber 7th. The entry is pretty cheap ($180.00 per team) the free eats and prizes pretty good, guys sort of laid back and cordial, you wanna troll-fine, cast-fine, sucker fish-fine, go in and eat luch for an hour-fine. They use judge boats and the web site is Ironmanmusky.com (again, I am not a part of it---just hoping to spread the word so that me and my partner have more folks to fish against)
Marty Forman
sworrall
Posted 9/21/2009 9:35 AM (#401047 - in reply to #401027)
Subject: Re: Ironman just around the corner

I talked to Tom Rozek at the Vermilion MAC, and he says they are ready to go. We'll be talking up the IMT in a few days here, including an MuskieFIRST Radio interview with the organizers.
RIVER HUNTER
Posted 9/21/2009 2:24 PM (#401098 - in reply to #401027)

Hey Marty
Thanks for the kind words!
Every thing is set for the events and we will have some info up on the site as far as the meetings and awards are concerned. For now the place we have set at Madison for all the activities on Fri- Sun is
Rodeway Inn South the phone # is 608-222-5501 they have a block of rooms for the IMTT and are providing us a meeting space. I have been told the Madison has some thing going on in town and rooms are hard to find so if you call soon you should have no problem. If we book 10 rooms by Sept. 24 we get the meeting space for free ( THAT MEANS HIGHER PAYOUT FOR YOU). They have plenty of parking for us and are in a central location so it works out well for all.

I hope to see some good turn outs we have been getting a good flow of entries and the Madison event is the weekend before the PMTT championships so we should get some of those teams fishing with us. Because we take entries up to Fri. Night I do not have any numbers as of now.
If you need more info than what is up on the web site please send us a email we will be sure to answer. I look forward to seeing every one this year! Last year was our best year ever and we are looking at about the same amount of people for 2009.
Junkman
Posted 9/21/2009 4:18 PM (#401128 - in reply to #401098)

Just called the Rodeway and got our room confirmed. Lady told me that rooms in Madison would be filling up fast for that weekend because of some kind of a Dairy Expo....so folks should get right on it...See you there! Marty
RIVER HUNTER
Posted 9/28/2009 2:19 PM (#402168 - in reply to #401027)

I talked to the hotel and they have some rooms available yet ( not sure how many )

I also wanted to let everyone know that we have a great get together at the hotel on Sat with food for the contestants and door prizes after we give out the awards and the winnings. We look forward to seeing every one even if you are not staying at the hotel please plan on atending
RIVER HUNTER
Posted 10/1/2009 8:52 AM (#402707 - in reply to #401027)

The IMTT has been in contact with Dorns hardware ( they have bait in Madison ) They are on the belt line and will open up at 5:30 on Sat and Sun for everyone that wants to buy suckers. The main store will not be open so you will have to enter in the back.
We also have talked with Dick Smiths and they will also have suckers for us.
If you are looking for the address for either of these you can go to our web site for a link ironmanmusky.com

It looks like we will have a good turn out for this weekend we have had a good amount of interest so far. As usual we will take sighn ups on Fri and Sat nights. Hope to see you all in Madison!
50"skie
Posted 10/4/2009 10:56 AM (#403081 - in reply to #401027)

Any results yet??
RIVER HUNTER
Posted 10/5/2009 1:12 PM (#403211 - in reply to #401027)

Hi Guys I will have the results for the first IMTT up in a day or two. It was a great event and we had a good amount of boats for the two days ( 25 or so ). Please be patient I have been battling pneumonia ( sorry for the spelling ) for the past week and I have not put the results all together.
I will say this we had 25 or so teams that came and they caught 20 fish!! Now that is impressive!
Junkman
Posted 10/5/2009 2:47 PM (#403225 - in reply to #403211)

Just so you all know, Riverhunter coughed and sneezed some of that crap all over me and that's why me and my partner had a poor showing :) We were so busy trying to take enough Vitamin C so that we didn't end up looking like Tom--that there was not enough time to left to fish.

But seriously sort of funny..after a day and a half of nothing but pike and a shorty, I told my partner to get the net for a "high 30's" fish. He netted the fish, had the judge on the phone while I was digging the hooks out, and never noticed till I stopped him that it was just another big pike. Right after that, my partner caught the biggest bass of his life, an absoulute PIG..and just as useless for the purposes at hand as my Northern. We did have a great weekend however and will try again at Okauchee and Pewaukee on the 24th and 25th.

Marty Forman

RIVER HUNTER
Posted 10/8/2009 8:43 AM (#403698 - in reply to #401027)

The results for the Madison event are up on the web site also the info for the next 3 events is all set.

ironmanmusky.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)