Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance Question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance Question
cmartin
Posted 6/8/2009 10:49 AM (#382732)
Subject: Lowrance Question

Hey guys,

Here's what is probably an easy Lowrance question for those of you who have been using the GPS tech. for a lot longer than me. I could probably read through the manual again but I thought I would just ask.

I am running a LMS 520C and have saved 1000 waypoints and many icons. I want to delet them off the unit so I can save more waypoints. I have saved the waypoint data on 2 backup (2GB) SD cards but before I delet off the unit I want to make sure the waypoints have been successfully transfered. I have tried downloading the GPS reader off the Lowrance website but the program is not running for whatever reason.

Is the best way to confirm that my waypoints have been saved on the card to put it in another persons unit and see if they load up? If that works can I delet the waypoints off the unit and start over and will I still be able to view by old waypoints if I use one of my SD cards in the unit?

Thanks,

Chas Martin
www.muskymastery.com
cmartin
Posted 6/9/2009 8:35 AM (#382897 - in reply to #382732)
Subject: Re: Lowrance Question

Does anyone have any experience with Lowrance electronics GPS stuff?
TJ DeVoe
Posted 6/9/2009 3:32 PM (#382961 - in reply to #382732)

Yes, the best way to see if your way points are there is to try your SD cards in another unit. Otherwise, you can pull the chips out and look over the lakes you fish and see if any of the icons/waypoints have not transferred over.
Muskiemetal
Posted 6/9/2009 4:55 PM (#382969 - in reply to #382732)

Maybe try this???

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/GPS-Data-Manager-GDM/

cmartin
Posted 6/10/2009 7:49 AM (#383079 - in reply to #382732)

Thanks guys. Muskiemetal, I have tried downloading that program a couple times but for some reason it keeps "not responding" whenever I try to run it. Do you have it downloaded or does it work for you? Lowrance customer service line is very hard to talk to someone but I will keep working on it.

Chas Martin
www.muskymastery.com
Muskiemetal
Posted 6/10/2009 8:19 AM (#383085 - in reply to #382732)

http://www.muskiemetal.com/GDM6.exe

I download it and uploaded to my site. Let me know how that works. It seems to work on this computer.

Edited by Muskiemetal 6/10/2009 8:21 AM
veha45
Posted 6/11/2009 3:59 PM (#383355 - in reply to #382732)

You can also try mapcreate program or that new navplanner stuff. GPSbabel.org should let you upload them and is pretty helpful in transferring them to or from other unit. But your best bet is to load them into another unit. Take it to a local retailer, put the chip in there unit, upload the waypoints, verify it worked, then delete them back off the unit.
cmartin
Posted 6/12/2009 6:18 PM (#383569 - in reply to #382732)

Muskiemetal, thanks getting that link put together but it still did not work. I will probably try to get to a retailer and just upload them there.

Chas Martin
www.muskymastery.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)