Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> cave run guides

Message Subject: cave run guides
RIVER MUSKY
Posted 11/15/2008 8:05 PM (#345462)
Subject: cave run guides

want to fish the cave next year how are the guides and lodging
muskie_man
Posted 11/15/2008 8:11 PM (#345463 - in reply to #345462)
Subject: Re: cave run guides

The guides we have down here are some of the best in the business. You will not go wrong in choosing any guide from the 3 guide crews on the lake.
whit65
Posted 11/16/2008 10:10 AM (#345491 - in reply to #345463)
Subject: Re: cave run guides

I mainly fish cave run and agree on the comment above on guides, all are very helpful and good guys. Lodging wise - You can stay at Tony Grant's place, there's a nice little hotel called Garvin's right next to Crash's landing, and then there's the Comfort Inn right off of the interstate, it has wireless and free breakfast. Comfort Inn is most $$ but still only around $55 or so after Labor Day.
There are also a few others in Morehead that are closer to food but still only 8-10 miles from the lake. I usually stay at Comfort Inn cause I need wireless for work.
FYI- Only AT&T cell phones worked on the lake as of the last time I was there, no Verizon or Sprint. Since I have verizon I usually have a pay-as-you go phone for the Cave Run area.
Also, food wise I'd recommend a little place called The Back Porch in Morehead, good food, beer, wine and liqour, and not a chain but a locally owned joint. Good folks and good chow. No breakfast though.
W
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)