Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> How powerful is the lateral line really?

Message Subject: How powerful is the lateral line really?
Fishwizard
Posted 11/14/2008 1:48 PM (#345301 - in reply to #345161)
Subject: Re: How powerful is the lateral line really?

Steve,
Those e-chip baits are definitely intersting! Have you, or anyone you know, tried them yet? It seems like they might work well in highly stained waters, but also trigger intrest in ultra-clear rivers where the muskies spook easily and are very wary of your presence. I've been fishing a small river like this recently and see fish is almost a guarantee, but getting them to commit is entirely different. I think I may have to order one of those jigs and try it out. All the post on this have been great, truly stepping into the "thinking man's" game.
Fishwizard
Posted 11/14/2008 2:00 PM (#345305 - in reply to #345161)
Subject: Re: How powerful is the lateral line really?

There were some pretty mixed reviews of those e-chips on cabela's website, although there were only 4 reviews. It probably wouldn't hurt to just shrink tube them onto you your leader and try them with any bait then. I don't know might just be another gimmick, but maybe not?

Edited by Fishwizard 11/14/2008 2:05 PM
sodaksker
Posted 11/14/2008 2:40 PM (#345308 - in reply to #345161)
Subject: RE: How powerful is the lateral line really?

I have a couple of the "pro troll" cranks that I had ordered several years ago. They are shaped like the old "lazy ike" baits... like an arch. I have had them for about 4 years and had never tried them until this year. They weren't really made to cast as the name implies but, when I did troll, I was impressed with them. They caught fish. I certainly would not hesitate to invest into another style of the technology.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)