Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You know muskies don't read books
- (Added by: Raider150)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> e-tex coverage

Message Subject: e-tex coverage
birdsnest
Posted 6/17/2013 7:48 PM (#647038)
Subject: e-tex coverage

If you mix .5 oz of each, how many 6" baits will this cover? I don't want to waste but want to have enough.
Kingfisher
Posted 6/18/2013 9:05 AM (#647136 - in reply to #647038)
Subject: RE: e-tex coverage

That is hard to say. It depends on how fat the lures are. Are they flat sided? round? etc. I mix in drams using medical cups. I can do like 6 to 8 six inch slashers with 6 drams of etex. Im brushing it on so it goes a lot further than pouring it. They way to find out is mix an amount and see how many it will cover leaving a brush or two left in the pot. What you dont want to do is get half way through coating a lure and run out. Mike
jakejusa
Posted 6/18/2013 1:12 PM (#647228 - in reply to #647038)

I don't even measure I count as I pour If I had 8 on the epoxy I do 7 on the hardner. Works out great.... If you line up all that you want to epoxy and then have extras ready to chip away at you will use it up every time.
birdsnest
Posted 6/20/2013 7:12 PM (#647705 - in reply to #647038)

Thanks for the imfo giving my first try this weekend, doing 1 oz each and 10 lures to start and very nervious about it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)