Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> X-51 locator troubles / Minkota Universal Transducers

Reply New post
Message Subject: X-51 locator troubles / Minkota Universal Transducers
Sorgy
Posted 6/9/2005 12:56 PM (#150202)
Subject: X-51 locator troubles / Minkota Universal Transducers

I am having problems with my X-51 graph on the front of my boat. It is a Lowrance X-51 lcd. My locator is reading depths of 300 ft in 8 ft of water and the background is washed out. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. Is it a bad UNIVERSAL TRANSDUCER or is it possibly the locator? Do the connecting cables go bad? I also have had my locator on while the trolling motor was out of the water. Should that have made any difference??

Thanks for the help

Steve Sorgenfrei

Good Luck to all
MuskieMedic
Posted 6/9/2005 1:35 PM (#150206 - in reply to #150202)
Subject: RE: X-51 locator troubles / Minkota Universal Transducers

You might want to check to see if the locater is wired to the same wires as the trolling motor, I think this can cause some interference in some cases. I have Lowrance X-67c on the front of my boat with the built in transducer on the Minnkota and have not had any problems yet.
Neighbor
Posted 6/9/2005 2:31 PM (#150216 - in reply to #150202)

Sorgy – I have the same set up on my Navigator and have not had a problem yet. If you don’t get it fixed by the next time you are up at your folks feel free to stop by or drive around the point and you can compare wiring configurations.
Sorgy
Posted 6/9/2005 2:42 PM (#150220 - in reply to #150202)

Thanks for the help guy's. The set up has worked great since I bought the boat last August. It just recently went bad. The boat, locator and trolling motor were new in 2002. The guy I bought it from had hardly used the boat. I think that in the second half of August the entire boat got more use than it had since it was new.

Later

Steve

p.s. I might not make it up until the 4th of July.
setme31
Posted 6/9/2005 4:00 PM (#150232 - in reply to #150220)

It could possibly be a connection issue. Make sure all of your cables are snug. Also, make sure the transducer doesn't have weeds or dirt on it. I assume you can't move a built in transducer, so it probably is still pointing in the correct direction.

First thing I would do is check all of the connections. Jiggle them and twist them while the unit is on. You might have to hold each position for a couple of seconds to make sure the depth finder reacts. See if that makes a difference. Check for any nicks in the wires also.
mreiter
Posted 6/10/2005 7:25 AM (#150267 - in reply to #150202)

Typically if your unit will power up and display a greater depth the problem is a bad transducer. Swapping it out with a known good one will verify.

MR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)