Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Pro's how do you feel?

Message Subject: Pro's how do you feel?

Posted 1/8/2002 10:24 AM (#6200)
Subject: Pro's how do you feel?

How do you feel when your clients dont catch any fish and go home empty handed?What do you tell them?Do you ever see them back?

Posted 1/14/2002 8:47 AM (#18513)

How do you feel when your clients dont catch any fish and go home empty handed?

***Well, in 8 seasons of guiding, that has only happened 3 times, and still on those occasions, they did have action, they just failed to get hooks into the fish. But I feel like crap when clients aren't into fish.

What do you tell them?

***That's fishing, if muskies were easy, everyone would be catching them. But the few people that were skunked were very understanding, knowing that I did my best to get them into fish. I tell all of my clients that if they honestly didn't feel like they got their money's worth, that I'll guide them for a half day at no additional charge. I haven't had to give a free trip yet. I work very hard to make sure that they have a good time, learn something and catch fish.

Do you ever see them back?

***Most of the time. Probably greater than 75% of my clients are repeat customers. I have clients from New Jersey, West Virginia, Illinois, California, Wyoming, Colorado, Ohio, Indiana, Georgia, Texas and Wisconsin that come back year after year. I must be doing something right.

Steve @ G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods. http://www.herefishyfishy.com
----------------

Posted 1/14/2002 9:49 PM (#18514)

Unfortuneatly, fishless days are going to happen when fishing for these fish. I always explain to clients that this is their day. Have an open mind, eagerness to learn and ask as many questions as possible. The object is to show them a great time and teach them so they can catch fish on their own. If they have a good time and learn new tactics, they are going to keep coming back. Word of mouth and repeat customers are very important to a guides success.

I take fishless days very personal. I know it is going to happen but when it does, I think I feel worse than the customer does. That is why I feel it is extremely important to make it like a school session. Make sure they are learning throughout the day. If the fish are active during your school session, then you are pretty much guaranteed action. If they aren't active, the clients are still getting their money's worth by learning your techniques and tactics. Even if they come away with one simple technique that helps them boat a fish down the road, then your trip has been successful.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)