Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Bilge Question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Bilge Question
R/T
Posted 5/13/2024 7:20 AM (#1028393)
Subject: Bilge Question

I've had this boat since 2018 and have never used the live well. Someone wanted to eat a fish so I threw it in the live well. Since then my bilge is taking on water so I'm thinking it is related but cannot figure it out. Please tell me what is my problem.

Thank you,
miket55
Posted 5/13/2024 8:52 AM (#1028397 - in reply to #1028393)
Subject: Re: Bilge Question

Check the line between the intake and the livewell pump for leaks. If you have a Flo-Rite system, you might make sure you closed the valves, and they do in fact fully close. Something in there might have dry rotted, or have gotten brittle from disuse.

It would be a big help to know what kind of boat you have, as well as livewell system. How much water are you taking on?
R/T
Posted 5/13/2024 9:20 AM (#1028398 - in reply to #1028393)

"It would be a big help to know what kind of boat you have, as well as livewell system. How much water are you taking on?"

2014 Crestliner 1650 Pro Tiller. Quite a bit of water. If left sitting at the dock overnight the stern would be sinking.
RLSea
Posted 5/13/2024 4:39 PM (#1028405 - in reply to #1028393)

Check the livewell pump. I chased a problem with my old boat taking on water years ago that turned out to be a cracked livewell pump.
R/T
Posted 5/13/2024 8:27 PM (#1028409 - in reply to #1028393)

Thank you for the responses.

Put the boat on the dock tonight. Opened the bilge cover and stared at everything for about 15 minutes. Nothing. I was messing with bilge and livewell switches yesterday to see what was up but not sure what if anything changed. Let it sit at the dock for 2.5 hours. Dry bilge. WTH. So happy I guess. I swear it was taking on water!!! I fear this is not over but we'll see.

Admin, please feel free to delete this thread to save others the agony of reading.

Thank you.

Angling Oracle
Posted 5/14/2024 4:31 PM (#1028421 - in reply to #1028393)

If your overflow tube is set pretty close to the top of the livewell maximum fill, when underway you may get spillage out of the livewell (or even just in swells or more weight distribution to the back of the boat - this overflow will get into your bilge of course. I have this in my Crestliner Fishhawk - I cut the tube a bit shorter and put an autobilge switch in as well to account for it and overnight rain, etc. Not sure if your boat is set up the same but this is for the smaller livewell this boat has beside the driver and prone to this spillage when getting up on plane or trimmed up in swells.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)