Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Road to Mylies/Redwing from Baudette

Message Subject: Road to Mylies/Redwing from Baudette
Rotorhead
Posted 9/18/2022 5:31 PM (#1011922)
Subject: Road to Mylies/Redwing from Baudette

Just returned from a week at Mylies. On 9/9, hwy 621 heading north to Mylies was being covered with tar and gravel. It's heavier gravel, vice pea gravel. Sure enough, we cracked a windshield and were peppered many other times. When we returned home on 9/17, the entire road had been covered with gravel. Peppered again with rocks but we slowed down when approaching trucks/boats went by, to minimize impact speed of the rocks. It was a pain in the butt. Not sure what options there are to avoid it, but just want to pass a warning.

On another note, fishing was tough. Water temp started at 68 deg and was 65 by end of the week. Water level is going down but still at least 2' high. Our cabin, with two boats, netted 28 muskies and went out in heavy rain with 15 mph winds on the last day.
pickolish1
Posted 10/2/2022 7:35 AM (#1013364 - in reply to #1011922)
Subject: RE: Road to Mylies/Redwing from Baudette

I as well have a cracked window from that road from 3 weeks ago....
pickolish1
Posted 10/2/2022 7:48 AM (#1013365 - in reply to #1011922)
Subject: RE: Road to Mylies/Redwing from Baudette

I as well have a cracked window from that road from 3 weeks ago....
oly67
Posted 10/8/2022 10:54 AM (#1013563 - in reply to #1011922)
Subject: Re: Road to Mylies/Redwing from Baudette

We drove in on it on Sept 17, back a week later, the road took it's toll on my Ranger trailer with a lot of new " blemishes" in the so called "armor". Need to google how to repair "Road Armor" I guess.
Our week of fishing was good, 3 boats fishing for muskies mainly, 55 total, several over 45, largest at 49-1/2, lost a couple larger ones. Another boat in our group that was fishing for walleyes mostly caught two more.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)