Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Anyone been to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico?

Message Subject: Anyone been to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico?
7.62xJay
Posted 1/21/2022 11:45 AM (#1001655)
Subject: Anyone been to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico?

My boss is taking a vacation there for his first time. Just wondering if any of you have any recommend charters or shore fishing locations?
chuckski
Posted 1/21/2022 6:47 PM (#1001685 - in reply to #1001655)
Subject: Re: Anyone been to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico?

Only been to Mazatlon. When I still lived in California a childhood friend and I went on a trip to drink beer and chase girls. Some local guy come up "hay Senor what to go fishing" So we agreed to a price gave him a small deposit and our names and he instructed us to buy a box lunch from our hotel and give his business to a taxi driver they would know where to take us.
(and they had Beer for sale to take on the boat.)So we got to the boat OK bought some beers off we went. Except they showed us a picture of fancy boat and the boat was pretty ramshackled but seaworthy. I tried to watch how they set to boat to fish and they brushed me asied. I did catch a Sailfish and one of the girls from the party we shared the boat caught one too. So after we got in we paid the crew and went out with the girls we met on the boat. One of them said the captain was mad at us because we forgot to tip them. I DID NOT forget they peeed me off about the boat and not letting me see how they rigged and they said they would clean and wrap our catch. I'm sure they sold it to a restaurant after we left.
This is the only time I did not tip a guide
IAJustin
Posted 1/27/2022 10:42 PM (#1001866 - in reply to #1001655)
Subject: Re: Anyone been to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico?

Yes, I’ve fished there several times, really good offshore fishing but the spots are 30-60 miles from the marina…you get what you pay for… if you don’t want to pay $1500+ , to get fast boats and an experienced crew, you’ll likely just go for an expensive boat ride..there isn’t shore fishing opportunities there. There are nice boats in a newer marina, Riveria Nayita , it’s about 40 minute cab ride each way from puerto vallerta depending where staying

Edited by IAJustin 1/27/2022 11:00 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)