Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Big euro pike baits

Message Subject: Big euro pike baits
Ogandrews
Posted 2/10/2020 7:11 AM (#953647)
Subject: Big euro pike baits

Has anyone here played around with any of the big pike baits the guys over in EU use? Yesterday a bait called the miuras mouse caught my eye, it looks very similar to a beaver but the back end is a giant bull dawg like twister tail. Comes in a bunch of sizes and weights for different situations. Also seen a lot of swimbaits that I would like to try
like the svartzonker mcrubbers. If they catch big pike over there I have no doubt they would catch skis over here, just wondering if anyone else has tried any of them out
royboy
Posted 2/10/2020 12:26 PM (#953658 - in reply to #953647)
Subject: Re: Big euro pike baits

I`ve used a Mouse over here a couple of times ..... best I`ve had on it has been a 42" pike .
Used it as a throwback lure in that instance after getting a knock on a jerkbait .
They`re not my goto lures but worth having in the box as a change bait .....

I like the swimshads , easy to fish . Good for lots of fish ... use it with a breakaway rig.
Best pike has been a 46" on a "pig shad "
A lot of companies have lures similar to the mcrubbers , basically a soft swimbait with a paddle tail in various sizes
Rgds , Pat
ToddM
Posted 2/10/2020 9:48 PM (#953679 - in reply to #953647)

The Zalt is an excellent erratic jerkbait. The zam is also very impressive and someone should be locked up for discontinuing the 9" model.
Cicciospin
Posted 2/11/2020 7:56 AM (#953684 - in reply to #953647)

hello, I have 3-4 of Miura's mouse in the magnum version ... I find them excellent for fishing on not very deep depths ... unfortunately for the great lakes of northern Italy they are not always ideal ... in my opinion best conditions are max depth of 21/24 '.... as regards the pig shad I have several with which I also took several large pike ... I use the 26cm giant pig shad ... a swimbait that I consider excellent is new giant replicant 14" by Fox Rage..great for trolling!!!!!
monsterlures
Posted 2/12/2020 3:07 AM (#953705 - in reply to #953647)

One thing I would say is that, if you are thinking of buying some of the European stuff, make sure it's not already available in the US. Brands such as Swartzonker and Wolfcreek have been trying to push into the musky market these past few years. The shocking part is that these lures made in places like Sweden actually cost less when sold in the USA. The Monsterhsad from Wolfcreek, for example, cost about 25 dollars less in thornebro compared to it's French price for some reason.
jeroen
Posted 2/26/2020 11:06 PM (#954204 - in reply to #953647)

Hi,
Don't forget the westin shad teez in the largest size (27cm). It outfishes most of the other rubber baits!
Grtz,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)