Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> A sometimes forgotten piece of Safety Equipment

Reply New post
Message Subject: A sometimes forgotten piece of Safety Equipment
kdawg
Posted 9/16/2019 10:17 AM (#946844)
Subject: A sometimes forgotten piece of Safety Equipment

When was the last time you checked your fire extinguisher in your boat? I just replaced mine this morning after 17 years. My fault. Some have a gauge attached that may let you know its time to recharge.Mine did not have a gauge. Most extinguishers have a ten year life span, so you see it secured in your boat, and you say, " I'll check it next year". Something all boat owners should check at the beginning of the season. Talk about taking one's own advice, just a reminder. kdawg
ToddM
Posted 9/16/2019 11:47 AM (#946853 - in reply to #946844)
Subject: Re: A sometimes forgotten piece of Safety Equipment

If it does have a guage and it's in the red if you are checked, that's a ticket.
North of 8
Posted 9/16/2019 6:24 PM (#946875 - in reply to #946853)
Subject: Re: A sometimes forgotten piece of Safety Equipment

I check mine in the spring while getting the boat ready to put in the first time. Have a short check list of what needs to be done. I has a surprise a couple years ago, the extinguisher was only two years old yet the gauge in the spring said it was not good. Don't know the why or hows, but replaced it before running the boat. On the other hand, the one on our pontoon boat still showed good when I replaced it after 8 years as a precaution.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)