Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Second Trip ... Eagle or Lac Seul

Message Subject: Second Trip ... Eagle or Lac Seul
MuskyMidget
Posted 7/29/2018 11:49 PM (#913722)
Subject: Second Trip ... Eagle or Lac Seul

Bucket list item is to be able to take another trip besides the normal 2 weeks on LOTW each year.

I always assumed it would be to Eagle but I’m hearing Lac Seul may be a sleeper that people are pretty tight lipped about.

Of course those with tight lips aren’t going to respond but those with loose lips may.

Eagle or Lac Seul for a second trip? Or something else that’s better?

Thanks - Ball Cap
Musky Brian
Posted 7/30/2018 9:05 AM (#913739 - in reply to #913722)
Subject: Re: Second Trip ... Eagle or Lac Seul

Too many variables to answer that but the safe answer is Eagle. Probably a lot safer really. If money were no object and you could get a good guide up in the far NE corner of Lac Seul than ...maybe a different answer.

Mudpuppy
Posted 7/30/2018 9:11 AM (#913740 - in reply to #913739)

NE Suel is hard to get to. There is a house keeping place on Chamberlain Narrows. Not the most accomadating to say the least, but great location. Anderswons has two cabins up there as well. Big fish water.

Mudpuppy
wooglin
Posted 7/30/2018 9:44 AM (#913744 - in reply to #913722)

Numbers: Eagle. Giants: Lac Seul.
Cell reception: Eagle - this annoyed me when my phone started going off in parts of the lake. Lac Seul is by far more remote, way less boat traffic.
Location: Eagle is closer, Lac Seul is farther (well, from WI at least)

Don't let Lac Seul scare you. If you can get a guide, and/or have a boat that can make some good time, you can fish NE Lac Seul easily.
dougj
Posted 7/30/2018 4:56 PM (#913781 - in reply to #913722)
Subject: Eagle or Lac Seul

Haven't fished Eagle much, but been to Lac Seul many times. For a chance at the biggest fish in NW Ontario then go to Lac Seul. It's hard to get to, expensive, accommodations are only housekeeping, gas is very expensive, if you are up at Chamberlain Narrows area there's only generator electricity. Fishing pressure will be very light! Very few guides available. Lake is very interesting, but around a 40 mile boat ride to get to the good muskie area from Deception Bay out of Sioux Lookout!

Lots of beautiful resorts on Eagle with all the amenities, Will be much more fishing pressure. Easy to get to. Many guides available. Big fish available at times.

All that said! The biggest fish I've ever seen has been on Lac Suel. For a real adventure go to Lac Suel, for an easier adventure go to Eagle.

If I was 20 years younger I'd go to Lac Suel! Now I'll stay on the LOTWs!
azmuskyman
Posted 8/3/2018 7:32 AM (#914311 - in reply to #913722)

Eagle.
TopWaterTuffy
Posted 8/3/2018 7:42 AM (#914315 - in reply to #914311)

azmuskyman - 8/3/2018 7:32 AM

Eagle.

X2!!!!!!
chasintails
Posted 8/3/2018 12:40 PM (#914367 - in reply to #913722)

Just got back from Seul, 4 guys 1 week, 4 fish, biggest was a 45" and 1 was about 28". Better bring some humble pie if you want to try Seul.
WiscoMusky
Posted 8/4/2018 1:22 PM (#914523 - in reply to #913722)

You should take a look at Century Lodge, on Eagle Lake. It is the most remote lodge on Eagle(the next closest lodge is many miles of undeveloped shoreline away, probably an hour or so by boat). The fishing is fantastic, and you likely will not see any pressure from other fishermen all week. The lodge and island are super as well! I've stayed at a few other lodges on Eagle, but I believe Century has the most excellent experience on the Lake... Can't wait to return there in 2 weeks
sworrall
Posted 8/4/2018 1:59 PM (#914528 - in reply to #913722)

AML.

Eagle.
happy hooker
Posted 8/4/2018 3:45 PM (#914542 - in reply to #914528)

If you've always done LOTW it's been a stained water deal,,for a change you might want to try the clear water,,like Eagle or maybe even Crow. On Crow if you don't like the clear you can jump over the road and be at home on LOTW
UglyPike
Posted 8/4/2018 9:17 PM (#914560 - in reply to #913781)
Subject: RE: Eagle or Lac Seul

dougj - 7/30/2018 4:56 PM

Haven't fished Eagle much, but been to Lac Seul many times. For a chance at the biggest fish in NW Ontario then go to Lac Seul. It's hard to get to, expensive, accommodations are only housekeeping, gas is very expensive, if you are up at Chamberlain Narrows area there's only generator electricity. Fishing pressure will be very light! Very few guides available. Lake is very interesting, but around a 40 mile boat ride to get to the good muskie area from Deception Bay out of Sioux Lookout!

Lots of beautiful resorts on Eagle with all the amenities, Will be much more fishing pressure. Easy to get to. Many guides available. Big fish available at times.

All that said! The biggest fish I've ever seen has been on Lac Suel. For a real adventure go to Lac Suel, for an easier adventure go to Eagle.

If I was 20 years younger I'd go to Lac Suel! Now I'll stay on the LOTWs!

Doug really nailed it here. To add to it, Seul has a lot of cabbage bay focus and eagle is littered with underground structures that the good guides know about. Ive been to both and am going back to Seul this year.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)