Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Terrova Remote Dead?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Terrova Remote Dead?
TheShow
Posted 6/3/2018 10:14 AM (#908968)
Subject: Terrova Remote Dead?

When I brought the boat out this spring my remote for the Terrova wouldn't work. I replaced the battery (CR2540) in it and still nothing. The remote was stored in the basement for the winter.

Everything was purchased new in September 2016.

Any thoughts for trouble shooting or is this common? If the thing is junk, anyone else have to buy a new remote?
lifeisfun
Posted 6/3/2018 11:32 AM (#908974 - in reply to #908968)
Subject: Re: Terrova Remote Dead?

Did you try to resync the remote with the motor again?

Someone posted this on another forum how to
The i-Pilot Link remote is prelearned to the controller from the factory. The top of
the controller has a single learn button to allow additional remotes to be added
to the system. To learn additional remotes:
1. Power up the trolling motor.
2. Push and hold the learn button down. A steady audio tone will
be heard while holding this button.
3. While holding the learn button on the controller, from the remote home screen select:
Settings > Learn and press the OK key
4. If the learn process was successful, the controller will respond with four beeps. In
addition, the Dashboard section of the remote will begin to display motor status
information such as prop speed.
A remote can only be learned to one controller at a time. A controller can have up to
4 remotes learned to it and actively communicating with it.

This one is for the regular iPilot

Remote Learning
The i-Pilot remote is prelearned to the controller from the factory. The top of
the controller has a single learn button to allow additional remotes to be added
to the system. To learn additional remotes:
1. Power up the trolling motor.
2. Push and hold the learn button down. A steady audio tone will be heard
while holding this button.
3. While holding the learn button down push any button on the remote
being programmed. Three short chirps will be heard when the remote is
successfully learned.
A remote can only be learned to one controller at a time. A controller can have
an unlimited number of remotes learned to it.

TheShow
Posted 6/3/2018 2:49 PM (#908985 - in reply to #908974)

Good info there! Thanks!

I did 'hit' the learn button but I didn't hold it down as those instructions describe. I will try that. Thanks.
PJV
Posted 6/4/2018 7:09 PM (#909132 - in reply to #908968)

I had a charger cable go bad. There’re little spring loaded pins in the connection, and mine were shot.

A new cable took care of it.
TheShow
Posted 6/7/2018 7:58 AM (#909358 - in reply to #908968)
Subject: RE: Terrova Remote Dead?

An update on this and the end result...

First I attempted to relearn the remote - no dice.

After an hour or so of research on the net and visiting numerous other blogs and forums I discovered the following:
- Not all CR2540 or DL2540 batteries are the same. And not all batteries are compatible with the handheld remote. I had a Sony that was the original factory battery; now a Duracell. Energizer works as well but some knock off brands don't. Also, the dimensions vary slightly from battery to battery. which leads me to point 2...
- The 3 contact points inside the remote on the battery wear out and flex over time. Occasionally you have to clean and reshape the tabs for better contact on the battery.

End result, I put in a new battery, cleaned, and bent the tabs for better contact with the battery. Everything works well again.
Big Show
mtcook16
Posted 6/7/2018 8:21 AM (#909361 - in reply to #909358)
Subject: RE: Terrova Remote Dead?

TheShow - 6/7/2018 7:58 AM

An update on this and the end result...

First I attempted to relearn the remote - no dice.

After an hour or so of research on the net and visiting numerous other blogs and forums I discovered the following:
- Not all CR2540 or DL2540 batteries are the same. And not all batteries are compatible with the handheld remote. I had a Sony that was the original factory battery; now a Duracell. Energizer works as well but some knock off brands don't. Also, the dimensions vary slightly from battery to battery. which leads me to point 2...
- The 3 contact points inside the remote on the battery wear out and flex over time. Occasionally you have to clean and reshape the tabs for better contact on the battery.

End result, I put in a new battery, cleaned, and bent the tabs for better contact with the battery. Everything works well again.
Big Show

Yeehaw! Good to hear
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)