Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> xi5 and Lowrance pairing with Gateway

Reply New post
Message Subject: xi5 and Lowrance pairing with Gateway
Pointerpride102
Posted 4/27/2018 5:34 PM (#905241)
Subject: xi5 and Lowrance pairing with Gateway

Why the hell do I not get prompted to update the TM after I hooked up the nmea 2000 networ and gateway? I have zero idea what I'm doing wrong here.

Nmea set up is terminating end on a double T with power hook up in one port and dropper cable in the other, backbone, to T with a dropper to other HDS on bow, then T with gateway and terminating end.

Thought initially my power connection was bad with aux cables, but hooked it right to battery and still nothing.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Jerry Newman
Posted 4/30/2018 10:30 AM (#905454 - in reply to #905241)
Subject: RE: xi5 and Lowrance pairing with Gateway

Ironically enough I just hooked up my Yamaha Gateway with my Lowrance electronics yesterday. I'm certainly no expert but the gateway should already be pulling power through the engine harness? There should be a green indicator light that turns on when you power up the system. I'm guessing you have the wrong command link/pigtail assembly…

This was surprisingly one of the few easy electronic hookups for me, maybe this link will help? https://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2017/MRP/index.html

***haha, guess it's not a Yamaha Gateway - defer to Zinox***

Edited by Jerry Newman 4/30/2018 12:32 PM
Zinox
Posted 4/30/2018 11:30 AM (#905459 - in reply to #905454)
Subject: Re: xi5 and Lowrance pairing with Gateway

Just to be clear, is your set up, done like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVkztApaAvw

Pointerpride102
Posted 4/30/2018 1:43 PM (#905466 - in reply to #905459)

Zinox - 4/30/2018 11:30 AM

Just to be clear, is your set up, done like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVkztApaAvw

Basically, yes. I've got an additional HDS on the system, but the set up remains largely the same. I've followed set up instructions to the letter (which actually differ from that of the video) and am dead in the water. I believe it to be a power cable failure as I have volts to my soldered connection, but none at the pins in the nmea connection. I called Lowrance today and I need to check if my bus state is on or off. Off means no power, on means something else. The frustrating part is this seems like it should be the easiest set up and I've got nothing.
Zinox
Posted 5/1/2018 9:57 AM (#905516 - in reply to #905241)

Please update once you find the problem, mine fired up perfect first time i plugged it in.
Pointerpride102
Posted 5/4/2018 7:15 PM (#905815 - in reply to #905516)

Zinox - 5/1/2018 9:57 AM

Please update once you find the problem, mine fired up perfect first time i plugged it in.

Well I believe the first issue was the power cord. Ordered a new one and the first time I hooked it up it didn't work. So at that point I was ready to burn the boat to the ground. Checked the fuse and it was blown (glass tube fuse, perhaps damaged in shipping) so replaced it tonight and had power. But....bus state was still off on my HDS 8. Checked power to the pins throughout my network and I had power. So called Lowrance and worked through it with them. Network works fine on my HDS 7, swapped the units around still not working on the 8....determined the issue is with the HDS 8. Got the xi5 set up with the 7, so at least I knew my network was set up right.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)