Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Namekagon

Message Subject: Lake Namekagon
Ciscokid82
Posted 4/30/2018 8:40 PM (#905481)
Subject: Lake Namekagon

So my mother sent a text out to the family about getting together again for a vacation. I would usually just ignore her texts but she mentioned a really nice resort on Namekagon so I continued to read it. Kidding! I have only fished it once, years ago, so any advice or pointers would be cool. Looks like a few cousins will be coming too and they will be looking for me to get them on muskie. I know it can be tough water but it has good average size and big fish. It’s an August trip. Any favorite colors or patterns hot that time of year? Walleye any good there? Usually in August I’ll throw a lot of TW and bucktails, and for walleye I like lindy rigging a slow death hook with crawler. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Masqui-ninja
Posted 4/30/2018 9:14 PM (#905486 - in reply to #905481)
Subject: Re: Lake Namekagon

Most people just say "I'm trying to put a kid on their first muskie" lol.
I have never fished it, good luck in your pursuit!
Ciscokid82
Posted 4/30/2018 9:25 PM (#905488 - in reply to #905481)
Subject: Re: Lake Namekagon

I wouldn’t exactly call them kids, they just don’t fish much
Northernfan
Posted 5/1/2018 2:01 PM (#905544 - in reply to #905481)
Subject: RE: Lake Namekagon

You are right that it is a size lake and not numbers. We take a weekly vacation to Namekagon every August. We love to fish muskie and bucktails seem to be the best bet for us, however we have heard of topwaters being good as well. I think you're on the right track for baits! My suggestion would be to find the weed areas and drift over them while casting, there are plenty of areas on the main part of the lake, as well as the north end, down by Garmisch and Garden Lake. All have the ability to attract a good one. Just takes time and patience on this lake!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)