Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Sonar Transducer/trolling motor mount problems

Reply New post
Message Subject: Sonar Transducer/trolling motor mount problems
GFishes
Posted 4/22/2018 12:08 PM (#904449)
Subject: Sonar Transducer/trolling motor mount problems

I am looking for advice on a which Sonar/gps to get for the bow of my boat. Price range under $500. I was steered towards buying the raymarine dragonfly 5 at Cabelas along with the powerdrive I bought. I took it home, ordered a sun cover, ordered the ram mount. Got it almost completely installed and realized that the transducer was way too long to fit on the TM. It would be right in the middle of the prop. I researched and saw that there are some modification mounts I could use to make this work. Some people even suggested cutting off the rudder on the TM. NO WAY!

Cabelas was nice in taking the unit back but would only offer me store credit. Basically, I am looking for first hand knowledge on the ability for the transducer to fit on the following models and if you have any advice as to which one you would purchase. My TM is a powerdive ipilot 70 without us2. The sonar has to be purchased through Cabelas. Thanks for any help!

the options
Humminbird Helix 5 CHIRP DI Sonar/GPS G2 Combo(I would have to buy a lake map)
Garmin® echoMAP™ Plus 63CV
Lowrance Hook 5

muskyhunter07
Posted 4/22/2018 4:42 PM (#904491 - in reply to #904449)
Subject: Re: Sonar Transducer/trolling motor mount problems

Trolling motor have US2 built in? No map needed for helix you can use the basemaps

Edited by muskyhunter07 4/22/2018 4:43 PM
GFishes
Posted 4/22/2018 4:45 PM (#904492 - in reply to #904491)

If I could do it again, I would have bought the TM with the transducer built in.
7ovr50
Posted 4/22/2018 5:52 PM (#904528 - in reply to #904449)

Helix 5 will work. Or turn the transducer side ways on the motor

Edited by 7ovr50 4/24/2018 1:11 PM
Wrenchard
Posted 4/26/2018 6:04 PM (#905111 - in reply to #904449)
Subject: RE: Sonar Transducer/trolling motor mount problems

i have a HELIX DI G2N transducer mounted on a 80lb Terrova with ipilot and it fits fine with an aftermarket mounting bracket. I had it mounted on a 60lb power drive and fit fine however I had it in the water last weekend for the first time on the new TM on a mud bottom lake and was having problems. The sonar would read 6 feet to 1000. When I shut the motor off it would work OK. Humminbird says i need to separate the TM power cable from the sonar (I have them running beside each other now). I'll try that this Sunday. As for using the Transducer on the TM, that's not the same as a DI transducer. It will work but the DI is wasted. You may want to call the help line, they can explain better.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)