Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> baits how many really wotk where you fish?

Message Subject: baits how many really wotk where you fish?
NPike
Posted 5/1/2018 8:02 PM (#905568)
Subject: baits how many really wotk where you fish?

I see numerous post of peoples favorite baits being: bucktails, Phantoms, topwaters, spoons and others. I believe the folks on the forum that have had success with these baits. However I’ve had no luck with these baits after giving them solid tries at different locations - times of day.
I seem to catch all my musky’s_pure and tigers on DDD’s, DepthRaiders, Rapala’s and good sized in-line spinners. Point is that on different bodies of water fisherman find the baits that work for them (whatever that my be). Some variety is nessasary, but in my case if they don’t bite on my handful of proven baits, they don’t bite. It’s basically what works for you under your fishing experiences and individual fishing holes. I wonder if others have worked it down to a handful of baits and a bunch that that don’t work for them where they fish.
14ledo81
Posted 5/1/2018 9:16 PM (#905577 - in reply to #905568)
Subject: Re: baits how many really wotk where you fish?

If I am lucky enough to get a fish to bite, it is usually on the lure that I am throwing....
djwilliams
Posted 5/1/2018 10:36 PM (#905592 - in reply to #905568)

But after they don't bite for a long time on a proven bait does that relegate the bait to the unproven/doubted end of the box? It does in my boat, and that's where my bucktails are. They are not a confidence bait for me. My son Michael tells a completely different story. A black/silver Showgirl is usually his first and only bait he clips on. My confidence baits are wood, prop baits, and trolled spinnerbaits.
ToddM
Posted 5/2/2018 7:02 AM (#905601 - in reply to #905568)

Lures are tools. Useing thr bestnone for the situation you are fishing is key.
Slime King
Posted 5/2/2018 7:28 AM (#905607 - in reply to #905568)

Even using the incorrect tool (lure) during an active feeding period can lead to having success. Using the correct tool during inactive/neutral/negative periods of active can still trigger responses at times. Time on the water, in proper areas with decent baits equals fish boated.
Musky Brian
Posted 5/2/2018 6:39 PM (#905671 - in reply to #905568)

Want to sell me your phantoms and bucktails? I have lots of clean, plastic depthraiders for trade ...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)