Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Onboard Charger Question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Onboard Charger Question
Matt T
Posted 3/19/2018 4:23 PM (#899375)
Subject: Onboard Charger Question

I have a Ranger boat with a 3 bank pro charger. When I go to charge the batteries, two of the batteries charge up and turn green. One battery will charge up until there is a single red light, but it never flips to green. I have tried switching banks, but the battery produces the same result on all three banks. I have tested each of the banks on the other two batteries, and they are able to charge the batteries to green.

I have tested the suspect battery with a multimeter and the voltage reads 12.8 when not charging and 14.7 when charging. It seems that the 3 bank charger, despite not turning to green, continues to try and charge the battery. The manual says that an error code (through blinking lights) would be displayed if there was an issue with the battery.

Anyone have a problem like this where the charger could not get a battery charged all the way? Do you think I need a new batter? This is one of the deep cycle batteries connected to only the trolling motor. I have tried charging it while hooked up to the other battery and while disconnected to the other battery.

Thanks for any thoughts

Matt
kjgmh
Posted 3/19/2018 4:44 PM (#899377 - in reply to #899375)
Subject: Re: Onboard Charger Question

Try hooking all three sets of charger leads to 1 battery and see all 3 banks will go full. This will "reset" some of the chargers and make fix your problem.
Matt T
Posted 3/20/2018 7:41 AM (#899429 - in reply to #899377)

Thanks for the response.
I tried each of the leads onto one battery, and each bank did turn green, unless you mean hook them all at the same time, which I have not.
bob1
Posted 3/20/2018 11:28 AM (#899458 - in reply to #899375)

Sounds like one battery is no good!
kjgmh
Posted 3/20/2018 12:32 PM (#899461 - in reply to #899375)

Yes, try hooking all 3 sets to 1 battery.
Jeremy
Posted 3/23/2018 7:16 PM (#899866 - in reply to #899429)

Matt T - 3/20/2018 7:41 AM

Thanks for the response.
I tried each of the leads onto one battery, and each bank did turn green, unless you mean hook them all at the same time, which I have not.

Proves it's not the charger Matt. Test the batteries one at a time on a load charger (I took mine in to the seller for them to check it) and that will tell you.

It's not the charger - a good thing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)