Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> new spot lock

Message Subject: new spot lock
Pepper
Posted 2/23/2018 10:11 AM (#893591)
Subject: new spot lock

I'm thinking about an up grade to Ulterra . Is the spot lock on the new Ulterra that much better than a 5 or 5 year old terrova? What other new innovations are there on a new Ulterra to make it worth the purchase?
kjgmh
Posted 2/23/2018 11:15 AM (#893599 - in reply to #893591)
Subject: Re: new spot lock

It is quite a bit better due to the addition of a heading sensor. It also allows you a jog feature so you can move your spot lock postion wit the arrow keys. And of course, the self deploy and retract.
FishReed
Posted 2/23/2018 12:10 PM (#893615 - in reply to #893591)
Subject: RE: new spot lock

Pepper - 2/22/2018 11:11 PM

I'm thinking about an up grade to Ulterra . Is the spot lock on the new Ulterra that much better than a 5 or 5 year old terrova? What other new innovations are there on a new Ulterra to make it worth the purchase?

I don't want hijack the post but allow me add something really important that I guarantee nobody knows about as it will definitely help somebody.

I have a rare neurological condition called CIDP that is a nearly unheard of and is sub disease of MS. I can walk but I have to have a cane since my balance ability is pretty well shot with extremely paralyzed foot drop in both feet. Moving around the boat like normal people let alone trying to trying to pull up and deploy a bow mount electric let alone use a foot pedal, is not possible with my leg/feet condition. This makes a foot controlled bow mounted trolling motor worthless to me. 2 years ago I bought a Minn Kota Power drive GPS remote controlled bow mount 55 lb electric WITHOUT the foot control and it was Godsend...I now can run the bow mount electric anyplace in the boat with complete control with the remote control hanging AROUND my neck.

Fast forward to 2018, I was mentioning my problem to my doctor fisherman/neurologist and told him I would love to buy the Ulterra with the electric stow/trim capability as I am having some trouble pulling up and engaging my current Power Drive unit from the folded position, and he said..."SO what is holding you back, you have the money" I said, " that electric motor model is over $2000?" He LAUGHED and said, "So, what if I told you with your poor medical mobility situation that electric motor fully qualifies as medical mobility device to allow you to do some thing you can't do with your current neurological condition?" So what are you saying Doc?............He said, "Here is prescription for tax purposes and you can deduct the price of the motor off on your taxes as medical device just like a electric wheel chair, an Amigo cart or any other mobility device that makes your situation to be as normal as possible." I asked, "Are you serious?" and he replied...I am as serious as the weak leg and balance ability you no longer have"............

How many people here know somebody with my medical condition who would buy an Ulterra in an instant if they knew the Minn Kota Ulterra qualifies as a medical tax deduction for us crippled up folks.

I will have one ASAP but I have to add another 12 volt battery since my my 55lb Power drive was only 12 volts but it did do a mighty fine job with me walleye trolling from the back of the boat with the remote hanging around my neck until I started struggling pulling it up and down. I might add, I have 2 guys fighting over who gets to buy my Power Drive with the GPS remote which is nearly new.

Pass the word....somebody needs to know about this.

Pepper
Posted 2/23/2018 12:23 PM (#893620 - in reply to #893591)

Interesting story. Good luck with your condition & mobility issues
danlaboucane
Posted 2/23/2018 1:01 PM (#893627 - in reply to #893591)

could i get a boat since my mental health depends on how much i go fishing ? LOL
did not want to laugh at you ! i have an 2011 terrova and it is somewhat hard to pull up and wind and waves !!!
the spot lock is almost dfangerous .

get the ulterra i would !
Mojo1269
Posted 2/23/2018 1:05 PM (#893629 - in reply to #893591)

Yes the spot lock is that much better. I have the same "new" spot lock on the new model Terrova and had 2 of the older models on 2 different boats. Its a night and day difference...
Jeremy
Posted 2/23/2018 1:49 PM (#893634 - in reply to #893615)

Reed, you have the lust that will carry through some very enjoyable days on the water and the lack of felling sorry for yourself only adds to what the future holds for you!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and if only one other guy gains from this it will be for good cause! You are to be admired man!!

Enjoy your time on the water, you certainly deserve it!! I wish you the very best of luck and stay safe.

Jeremy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)