Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> LOTW, Morrison Ont

Message Subject: LOTW, Morrison Ont
gmanny1
Posted 1/20/2018 8:42 AM (#890170)
Subject: LOTW, Morrison Ont

Hi Guys, I usually fish LOTW on the NW side, My Nephew wants to try Morrison area, any thoughts or input or suggestions appreciated, No complaints on where I normally go and don't want to make a week long mistake. 31.5 eye, 52.5 Muskie and 22 inch smallie at current joint for biggest to date over the years.

Thanks
Gman
Pointerpride102
Posted 1/20/2018 10:06 AM (#890181 - in reply to #890170)
Subject: Re: LOTW, Morrison Ont

You can likely duplicate those results, but you'll be learning a new piece of water. If that's what you're in to then go for it. If you've developed a lot of spots in the old place and want to be on fish right away then you're probably better off staying put. The grass is always greener on the other side, but you quickly find out you still have to mow it. I don't think you can really go wrong, you're on LOTW afterall.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 1/20/2018 10:46 AM (#890185 - in reply to #890170)

If your nephew is footing the bill move. If it's your boat and tow trailer pick your spot.
Fishermantom81
Posted 1/21/2018 12:27 AM (#890225 - in reply to #890170)

I have been fishing the Morson area of LOTW for about 14 years now. I fish out of Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge. What is nice about the location is the next closest resort is over 6 miles away so there is not a lot of fishing pressure compared to mainland camps by Morson. The fishing is also excellent and they were just on Musky Hunter TV and Sportsman's Journal! The owner and his family will bend over backwards for you. I really can not say enough good things about the place! Check them out http://www.tamarackislandwildernesslodge.com/
NickD
Posted 1/21/2018 11:16 AM (#890246 - in reply to #890225)

From the musky midwest it's a shorter drive and all paved. Same fish. More open water. The navionics web app and the ontario fish online satellite imagery would allow you to compare your current spots to the new water. I doubt the grass is greener. Likely just as green.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 1/22/2018 8:05 AM (#890284 - in reply to #890246)

I don't know. I fish the Morrison area and would rather go to angle for it's nice green grass.
Fishermantom81
Posted 1/22/2018 8:57 PM (#890349 - in reply to #890284)

Where in Morson did you stay? Were you closer to Sabaskong Bay?
cnsrtv1
Posted 2/2/2018 8:22 PM (#891147 - in reply to #890170)

I would definitely check out Tamarack Island Wilderness lodge! It's out of Morson Ont, but on an island about 20 minutes from the mainland so you don't get a feel of wilderness without giving up driving on paved roads all the way to Morson. Todd the owner of the camp does an awesome job making sure that everyone has a good time. The musky fishing is incredible! Check out the Tamarack Face Book page and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)