Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> New Lower Section Boat Flooring

Reply New post
Message Subject: New Lower Section Boat Flooring
Jim Gotham
Posted 12/18/2017 10:28 AM (#887327)
Subject: New Lower Section Boat Flooring

I am going to be replacing my carpet on my 2009 Tuffy 1760T this winter. I have never been very happy with having carpet on the bottom section of the boat. The carpet gets dirty and wears fast. That said I'm looking at replacing just the bottom section with vinyl or some other alternative. Does anyone have any vinyl or alternative floor recommendations they have had good luck with?
RyanJoz
Posted 12/18/2017 4:44 PM (#887361 - in reply to #887327)
Subject: Re: New Lower Section Boat Flooring

The textured vinyl in dad’s Lund is awesome for cleanup, wear, and appearance. It does however get more slippery than carpet when it gets wet or icy. Knowing that it is slippery, it isn’t so bad to just be careful.
Coondog
Posted 12/18/2017 8:56 PM (#887390 - in reply to #887327)

Check out Hydroturf...the stuff has been great for me for several years now.
fish4musky1
Posted 12/18/2017 9:16 PM (#887394 - in reply to #887327)

+2 on hydroturf.
Andy Myers Lodge
Posted 12/19/2017 8:36 AM (#887417 - in reply to #887327)
Subject: RE: New Lower Section Boat Flooring

had the new vinyl flooring now available from Fiberdome/Tuffy in both mine and my sons 's 2100's for a full season now as a test and was impressed. i had the textured flooring available in lunds for 5 seasons and while it was a big improvement over carpeting from what i could see after a long season was the flooring product tuffy is using appeared to be a bit more durable as far as wearing flat spots and resistant to tear. one thing i can tell you is if someone drops a cig or cigar or a hot ash from one you WILL have a burn spot instantly with carpet. this product was very resistant to this to the point of no worry and also to any type of staining. very easy to clean/wash at days end. it has a ever so slight "cush" feel to it that it appeared to me to help a bit in feet and ankle fatigue when standing long days.
is it a bit more slippery under below freezing conditions with building ice...yes any/all vinyl will be to some degree regardless of texure or nap but as long as you were aware of that it wasnt an issue and it was much easier to get rid/scrape off any build up of ice or snow than with the carpet. from what i've expereinced i would recomend it for the cockpit flooring over carpet. ease of cleaning,resistance to wear,burns,staining,etc.,longevity vs the carpeting,and appearance were all a plus.
an option to consider as far as your pre owned boat would be to contact tuffy and inquire about having them professionally install it.
steve herbeck

Edited by Andy Myers Lodge 12/19/2017 8:50 AM
danlaboucane
Posted 12/19/2017 12:33 PM (#887452 - in reply to #887390)

Coondog - 12/18/2017 9:56 PM

Check out Hydroturf...the stuff has been great for me for several years now.

could we see it and how was the install ? it seems thick !
Jim Gotham
Posted 1/5/2018 6:53 AM (#888930 - in reply to #887327)

Thanks guys for the replies. I’ll look into Steve, thank you for the info.
Fishysam
Posted 1/8/2018 5:17 PM (#889223 - in reply to #887327)

I saw and really like the idea of 3/8” neoprene kinda spendy but soft, deadens sounds, warm/cool to the touch, cleans easy, and since it is soft if some ice does form as you walk it will break it up...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)