Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Ky River Muskie

Message Subject: Ky River Muskie
The Whuff
Posted 12/18/2017 7:43 PM (#887374)
Subject: Ky River Muskie

Anyone had luck with the muskie bite in upper portions of the KY river? I know they're down in the southern sections but I was wondering if there are any places further north that may have a decent chance at them? Normally fish the Cave and it surroundings. Looking for something different and a bit closer to home for day trips.

Thanks in advance.
BruceKY
Posted 1/4/2018 11:08 AM (#888855 - in reply to #887374)
Subject: RE: Ky River Muskie

I have caught a couple from lock 7 and up, but more times than not I went home with a muddy boat and trailer having not seen a fish. Generally speaking the further up river you go the better. I have heard rumor of fish being caught as far down river as Frankfort.

When I talk about the river I call Carrolton and Frankfort down river. locks or pools 1,2,3..etc locks 11,12,13 Beattyville and beyond to the N, middle, and S forks are up river.

There has been some talk abut fish and wildlife stocking in the lower pools over the last couple years but I don't know specifics.
twelts
Posted 1/4/2018 1:19 PM (#888863 - in reply to #888855)
Subject: RE: Ky River Muskie

The further up river gets more stocking. You can catch fish in all the pools but better chance in higher lock numbers. Chris Haley and a couple of his buddies can put you on fish. Great knowledge on upper river, I am pretty sure they have a jet boat.
CincySkeez
Posted 1/4/2018 2:09 PM (#888868 - in reply to #887374)
Subject: Re: Ky River Muskie

Thanks for the info guys. I've recently heard rumors about guys hooking up as far down as below the dam in Carrolton, but figured upriver from Frankfort was my best bet. Anyone ever fish the High Bridge area specifically where the Dix hits the KY figured the toothy critters might make the run up to snack on some trout.
BruceKY
Posted 1/5/2018 4:08 PM (#888990 - in reply to #888868)
Subject: Re: Ky River Muskie

I have fished the dix river for trout and bass closer to the KY river. I haven't seen or heard of muskies being caught up there but there must be one or two snacking on those trout from time to time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)